'I was building robots' - UMASS Mechanical Engineering Common App Transfer Essay

shermama96 1 / -  
I realized i forgot the prompt

Please provide a statement that addresses your reasons for transferring and the objectives you hope to achieve. You can type directly into the box, or you can paste text from another source

Here is the finished essay:

Since a very young age, I demonstrated an interest in engineering. From the time I could walk I was building robots and airplanes from legos and wooden blocks. Since then my love for the design and manufacturing process has evolved into a passion that I would like to pursue as a career. Throughout high school I spent most of my time in the garage. Whether it be at the table saw, lathe, or underneath my car rebuilding differentials. Through my many years of experience I have developed a keen ability to overcome obstacles when designing or fabricating something. I crave challenging situations where only logical thinking and the ability to think outside the box will lead to a solution.

I have always been fascinated with mechanical components and how they culminate into one working system. Growing up, I took apart anything I could just to see how it worked and for the enjoyment of putting it back together. Countless nights spent probing the internet for methods of machining and manufacturing processes. I found myself designing components on CAD programs in my free time for fun. Unfortunately, my current University does not offer any kind of mechanical engineering degree so I must move on to pursue a bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering and ultimately a graduate degree.

After my first semester at Bergen Community College, I started researching Universities that could fulfill my academic needs. My close friend who is currently enrolled at the University of Massachusetts informed me about the top-tier engineering program at UMass Amherst. After visiting UMass's engineering site, I was certain it was the school for me. As the highest ranking public engineering school in New England I was sure I'd be receiving the best education in my desired field. The University of Massachusetts can provide me with opportunities that many other institutions can not. UMass can provide me the essential tools necessary to becoming a successful engineer.
johnsenong 2 / 4  
here is my opinion. I'm still new to essay anyway

Since a very young age, I demonstrated an interest in engineeringI have been interested in engineering since I was very young .

From the time I could walk, I was buildinghave already started to build robots and airplanes from legos and wooden blocks.

Through my many years of experience I have developed a keen ability to overcome obstacles when designing or fabricating something.

I crave for a challenging situations where only logical thinking and the ability to think outside the box will lead to a solution.

Well, that's my opinion. I guess you should consider others as well

Home / Undergraduate / 'I was building robots' - UMASS Mechanical Engineering Common App Transfer Essay