"bump in your aademic or personal life" - UCF Applications

vickydoodles /  
1. If there has been some obstacle or bump in the road in your aademic or personal life, please explain the cirumstances.
3. Why did you choose to apply to UCF.

Essay Question #1
Throughout my life I have always looked up to my elders, my older cousin in particular. Unfortunately, High School was not a big deal to him. He made friends with the wrong people and it took his eye off of the target. What does this have to do with me wanting to attend UCF? Seeing my cousin go down the wrong path has made me want to set the bar higher for my family. I still love him, but what he has chosen to do with his life is a bad example to the children of the family. I don't want my sister or younger cousins thinking that it's not a big deal to give up in High School to work at a fast food restaurant. Watching someone that was extremely influential fall didn't make me give up, it just made me want to succeed more. Going to UCF would be my chance to prove that if you work hard and don't let any distractions come between you and your goal, then you can do whatever you set your mind to. Of course, going to UCF might not be the easiest thing, but I know in my heart it's the right thing for me.

Essay Question #3
"What are your plans once you graduate?"

"I'm planning to go to a four-year college and then law school."

"Oh really, which college?"

"University of Central Florida is my main choice."

I have this conversation with someone at least once a day. Most people ask me if I'm tired of repeating myself, but the best thing is that I'm not. UCF has the most beautiful campus I have ever seen. Not only is it gorgeous, but it also has a very inviting atmosphere that encourages learning. Being there just makes me want to expand my mind. My favorite thing about UCF is the class size. I love that UCF has an average of 22.4:1. I rather a professor know me by my name, not by a number like most public universities. UCF gives me the opportunity to make a difference not only on the campus, but also in the environment. Even when your somewhere that is UCF affiliated, you still feel that Knight pride. I chose to apply to UCF because I believe that the atmosphere is one of success and, as we know UCF stands for opportunity. To me, UCF means opportunity for achieving success. GO KNIGHTS!
However, I did not give up when watching an influential role model make bad decisions; it just made me want to succeed even more.

To be a student at UCF might not be easy challenge, but I know in my heart that it is the right school for me, and that I can succeed.

I have this conversation with someone at least once each day.

I chose to apply to UCF because I believe that the atmosphere is one of success, and because UCF stands for opportunity. To me, UCF means opportunity for achieving success. GO KNIGHTS!
OP vickydoodles /  
Thank you thank you thank you! :]
Fiin 1 / 3  
I rather a professor know me by my name, not by a number like most public universities.

`I would rather prefer a professor know me by my name instead by a number, as most public universities do.
Fiin 1 / 3  
I chose to apply to UCF because I believe

i think this sentence has a verb consistence problem.
the verb form you use in a sentence should be uniform. if you start a verb with a past form the other verbs that follows should also be in the past form.

i chose to apply to UCF because i believed ....
--Past ---------------------------- Past
Angela629 9 / 86  
Replying to Fiin's question, why don't you just say:

I chose UCF because I believe

Home / Undergraduate / "bump in your aademic or personal life" - UCF Applications