BURNING HOME; Williams College - Reflect on the scene

AlbertMartinez 1 / -  
Imagine looking through a window at any environment that is particularly significant to you. Reflect on the scene, paying close attention to the relation between what you are seeing and why it is meaningful to you. Please limit your statement to 300 words.

The car is accelerating. Sitting in the passenger seat, I take a look out the window. Everything passes in a flash, but the sky stays the same. I can't spot a cloud in the sky, but it still isn't clear. The skies are hazy, and it brings me a sense of nostalgia.

It was July 3rd, 2005. Life was innocent at the time and I did not have a worry in mind. I'm in a car with my family rushing home; they had just my called my mother that my house was on fire. I was stricken with fear. What was to happen to our house, our belongings, and our memories? The car turns right onto Pecan St. "We're here." My mother says in a grief-stricken voice. The skies are hazy from ashes of my home. It was completely ruined. It would be a long time before I would call this place, "home."

"We're here," my mother says. The image of myself 8 years ago quickly disappears in my head. We are home. It's the same house. I think about what happened so long ago and I feel like it's in those disasters where you discover who you are and that you have absolutely no boundaries; you either catapult into stupidity or decide to reform into a more responsible person. I look out the window again. This time, I can only see my reflection on the window glass instead of the burning house. I see myself smiling, proud of who I've become because this disaster completely changed me for the better. I became a more mature person.

I feel like it's missing something. Can somebody help?
Kondite - / 44 9  
Your house burning down doesn't really show how you've matured and discovered who you are. Elaborate on how your house burning down has made you realized all these things that you mentioned. You say that the disaster has completely changed you but how?

Home / Undergraduate / BURNING HOME; Williams College - Reflect on the scene