Why BU? ("the button labeled Play")

s2Alex 1 / 4  
Please help me with grammatical errors and on ways to improve my essay!
Thank you in advance.
The question is basically, Why BU?

My finger presses the button labeled Play. Instantly the world is tuned out and all I can hear is "Boston" by Augustana. Words and lyrics dance in my mind "...I think I'll go to Boston / I think I'll start a new life / I think I'll start it over / Where no one knows my name." I wonder, 'Why not Paris? Or New York City? Why Boston?' It wasn't until I visited Boston that I found the answer.

Nicknamed the "Capital of New England," Boston is a city I immediately fell in love with. What felt like a second home-a second New York City-was not only conveniently located three hours away but also a city with history. Naturally, during a college fair, I attended a seminar with a Boston University representative.

Upon further research into Boston University, I discovered my intended major, finance, was available at the School of Management. I was also excited to hear about the option of double majoring, not just in one school, but in any of the ten undergraduate schools. Although the option of double majoring seems appealing, the list of over seventy different study abroad programs is even more so. One of the programs caught my attention: the Kyoto Consortium for Japanese Studies. Having taken Japanese for three years, I know that furthering my studies abroad is an excellent way to utilize what I have learned.

Not only do I wish to go to Boston University for its academics, but I also wish to go for its clubs and athletics. Although I come from a high school with a lot of school spirit, the higher amount of school spirit at Terrier hockey games never ceases to amaze me. I want to be a part of this demonstration of school spirit. Also, as a starter and treasurer for my high school's varsity Ultimate Frisbee team, I wish to contribute my experience to Boston University's club team.

Augustana was spot on when he said, "I think I'll go to Boston / I think I'll start a new life." Indeed, living and starting a new life at Boston University, would be the experience of a lifetime.
OP s2Alex 1 / 4  
anybody? i plan on submitting it tonight =\
I'd say this is a good, well-written essay. It's interesting, and you make some strong connections between the song and your desire to attend BU.
OP s2Alex 1 / 4  
Thanks for your input EF_Sean!
I appreciate your comment and I plan on submitting it today!

Home / Undergraduate / Why BU? ("the button labeled Play")