Caesura - University of Cincinnati PS-academic achievements, personal interests

lilgangwolf 5 / 13  
*freaking out* does this answer the prompt?!!!!

Please provide a Personal Statement regarding how your academic achievements, personal interests, and life experiences have helped prepare you to succeed academically and to be an active member of the UC community. Be sure your response addresses each of the three components. (Please limit your response to approximately 250 words).

Caesura was full of possibilities. Created as a music business class specifically for us musicians, we were all excited by the concept of Caesura and strove to succeed. But soon, the novelty of the group diedDespite my best efforts to motivate my colleagues, they continued to express disinterest in our group. I felt as though I could not place any trust in them, and so I started to shoulder all the weight until the other members was left with small insignificant tasks. And when they became even more indifferent, their opinions no longer mattered to me for I did not have the patience to wait for them. I ran a one man show.

Looking back, I was too concerned with the outcomes and future of the group to worry about the feelings of others. I learned that being a leader was about motivating people towards a common goal and not just accomplishing the goal itself.

With this in mind, I changed my approach to Caesura this year; I am giving the other members a chance to be more active in the group I found this the most efficient way to lead a group as I regained their trust and we became comfortable with working with each other again. My experience in Caesura may have been difficult but it has helped me relate to people better, make better judgments, become more patient and understanding, qualities that will help me in school and become a better member of the community.
linmark 2 / 328 7  
I am not sure what Caesura is - did not know from your answer, is it an academic program. That is the part of your prompt that is missing. IF you strengthen the part about how this helped prepare you to succeed academically and to be an active member of the UC community, it'll be fine.The rest is good.

Home / Undergraduate / Caesura - University of Cincinnati PS-academic achievements, personal interests