'The California coast line' - Help me with the common app essay- Opening paragraph

wahmed 4 / 10  
It was the perfect moment. The sun was setting off the California coast line. The summer breeze pushed my hair out of my eyes. I could finally see all the surfers were returning to dry land. However I was still waiting, waiting for that last perfect wave. Then I saw it, the last wave I would ride in that summer. I paddled my surfboard towards the wave with my exhausted arms and legs and then I stood up and rode it. The ocean mist sprayed me in the face and the force of the wave pushed up from under me. I was finally surfing. In that moment it felt as though all the problems I had, all the thoughts that were acclimating seconds ago had deviated away from me. It was just me and the water. I was in a state of euphoria.
nr554 1 / 18  
It was the perfect moment. The sun was setting off the California coast line. The summer breeze pushed my hair away from my eyes. I could finally see all the surfers return to dry land. However, I was still waiting; waiting for that last perfect wave. Then I saw it. The last wave I would ride in that summer. I paddled my surfboard towards the wave with my exhausted arms and legs and then I stood up and rode it. The ocean mist sprayed water in my face and the force of the wave pushed up from under me. I was finally surfing. In that moment it felt as though all the problems I had and all the thoughts that were acclimating seconds ago had deviated away from me. It was just me and the water. I was in a state of euphoria.

I like the short sentences - really good introduction. I made the corrections in red.

Can you critique/edit my essay in return?

Home / Undergraduate / 'The California coast line' - Help me with the common app essay- Opening paragraph