'the campus is one of the most unique qualities' - Emory Supplement

singh955 7 / 36  
Prompt: What are the unique qualities of Emory University, and the specific school(s) to which you are applying (Emory College of Arts and Sciences, Oxford College, or both), that make you want to become part of Emory University? In what ways do you hope to take advantage of the qualities you have identified?

There is something about Emory University that stands out for me. I haven't been able to figure out just what, but when I look at the booklets or the website, something just feels right. It may be the beautiful and awe-inspiring campus filled with new marble buildings or the unique academic centered atmosphere.

To me, the campus is one of the most unique qualities Emory offers. This campus is absolutely inspiring to me because of the marble buildings. The white color theme gives it a heavenly feel that is astonishing to say the least. As a aesthetically inspired person, I can utilize the beautiful campus to relieve stress or bad temper before a major exam or project. By focusing on the beauty, I would be able to eliminate the negative thoughts and concentrate on new uplifting and positive thoughts.

At most colleges, I feel that a lot of the students tend to only focus on class only when it is in session. Emory students are different, though. The school's academic centered atmosphere is exactly the kind of atmosphere I want to be around. Emory provides a community of scholars that know the importance of academics. These scholars tend to continue their studies and become professionals in various fields. By attending Emory, I will be able to meet outstanding students that make a significant impact on our society. I will be able to look back and know that I was once in the same class as the Einstein of my generation.
artiQlate 3 / 8  
Hi Manpreet,
This is just my opinion and advice here, but i think you need to approach this essay a little differently.

What are the unique qualities of Emory University, and the specific school(s) to which you are applying (Emory College of Arts and Sciences, Oxford College, or both), that make you want to become part of Emory University? In what ways do you hope to take advantage of the qualities you have identified?

I think when they give you prompts like these, the admission officers want to know a little about you, and how you have qualities that would help you fit in at that University. Try to write about yourself and at the same time highlight how everything that Emory provides corresponds to what you seek from a college.

To me, the campus is one of the most unique qualities Emory offers.

It's definitely okay to mention the campus but that seems to occupy the main body of your essay. You need to focus on the Major (The specific college within Emory) that you would like to attend, because that is what the prompt is asking for.

By attending Emory, I will be able to meet outstanding students that make a significant impact on our society. I will be able to look back and know that I was once in the same class as the Einstein of my generation.

Are you sure that you want to write something like that? Emory University looks for unique and outstanding individuals. Those lines suggest that you're an average student looking to interacting with the above-average, instead of being or becoming above average. They look for high achievers, so try to portray yourself as one. Remember that these essays are your only opportunity to show them how different you are from the remaining applicant pool. Use it to your advantage in every way possible.

Again, that's just my opinion. I'm sure you'll be able to work things out and finish up with a great essay. Good luck!
Remio - / 3  
Hi Manpreet~~

To be honest, as a reader, I'm not impressed... I can't feel the uniqueness of Emory from your essay, and I think it's a little bit generic... (No offence! sorry for my blunt words..)

How about looking through the online archives of Emory? I believe there are much more interesting traditions and stories which emphasize the unique qualities of Emory.

If you want to write about the academy of Emory, how about the ABOUT EMORY and ACADEMICS on Emory webside? It will help you to find the speciality of Emory's academy.

Focus on "In what ways....have identified". You can write some details about what you have done in the past and what you plan to do in the future, and remember to relate yourself with the qualities of Emory. Emory wanna see YOU and YOUR POTENTIAL~

BTW, I'm applying for Emory 2~

Hope this can help you~ Good luck for both of us~ =D
OP singh955 7 / 36  
thanks to you guy, i will certainly take this into account.

Home / Undergraduate / 'the campus is one of the most unique qualities' - Emory Supplement