Cancers and Alzheimers have affected my education; special circumstances

bkbadwal 1 / -  
I am applying to a post bac program so that I can be given a second chance to prove myself academically. I am hoping that through this program it'll allow me to finally pursue my dreams as a physician. Could you please edit this for my application. it could only be 1300 characters.

Please provide a statement relating the special circumstances you have experienced. You may wish to comment on financial, educational, social, cultural, or other factors, which you feel have been significant in affecting your academic achievements. If these factors have influenced your future goals and plans, please explain.*

Compromises and sacrifices are an essential part of our daily lives. Throughout my college career at UC Davis, I was challenged with many obstacles. My freshmen year it started with being a primary care giver for my grandmother who was diagnosed with third stage ovarian cancer. After 6 months of fighting the cancer and receiving intense care, my grandmother passed away 6 months later. Then during my junior year my mother was diagnosed with thyroid cancer. It was detected early enough that after multiple surgeries and radiation she was cured. However since I was the oldest and the only other female in my household, I had to not only take care of my mother but also take on the responsibilities that she had as a mother and wife while she was healing and recovering. My senior year my grandfather was diagnosed with Alzheimer's. He has had this for 2 years now and I have been helping my parents take care of him. I grew up in a middle class family where my parents couldn't afford to hire nurses to care for my grandparents therefore they heavily relied on me. This jeopardized my academic performance because I was unable to devote time to studying. In addition to all these responsibilities, I have also been working during the entire 4 years of college to help my parents pay for my college expenses. Working and caring for my family got me dismissed two different quarters because I was unable to meet minimum unit progress and grade point averages during those months.
Godpianist - / 1  
It will allow me ----> it can allow me ^^*
mhss 18 / 53 18  
However, BEING THE ELDEST and the only other female in my FAMILY, not only taking care of my mother, but also I HAD TO take the responsibilities OF a mother and A wife while MY MOTHER was recovering FORM HER ILLNESS.

IN THE senior year, my grandfather was diagnosed with Alzheimer's
keen2edit - / 7 1  
Hi there: final sentence:

AS A RESULT OF working and caring for my family, I WAS dismissed FROM two different quarters because I was unable to meet minimum unit progress and grade point averages during THE QUARTER.
After6 months of fighting the cancer and receiving intense care, my grandmother passed away 6 months later.

...6 months getting repeated. :(
My suggestion;
After fighting the cancer while receiving intense care, she passed away after six months.

It was detected early enough that after multiple surgeries and radiation she was cured.

It was detected early enough for us to save her with multiple surgeries and radiation.

However since I was the oldest and the only other female in my household, I had to not only take care of my mother but also take on the responsibilities that she had as a mother and wife while she was healing and recovering

... This line is too long and hence not so interesting. Why not break it to two? :)
unigirl 3 / 11 2  
My freshmen year it started with being a primary care giver for my grandmother who was diagnosed with third stage ovarian cancer.

I started my freshman year as being my grandmother's primary care giver after she was diagnosed with having third stage ovarian cancer

Home / Undergraduate / Cancers and Alzheimers have affected my education; special circumstances