my career aspirations, BROWN " What don't you know"

MSetYo 4 / 9  
Thank you in advance.

My eyes stare blankly at the red target of my opponent's chest and I wait. He makes his move lunging forward, focused on my left torso. This is a game over, my bait has been taken. I take a quick step back - left leg forward - followed by a twist of my hips as my right leg whips across the opponents face. Good Game.

For as long as I can remember, my right leg has been referred to as the "assassin." It has been a consistent crowd-pleaser in demonstrations and a reliable point-earner in competitions. With my beloved assassin, I know how to do a near vertical side kick. I know how to snap a baseball bat in half with a high round-house kick. And I know that I can execute almost any kick without fault.

However, I am what most martial artists call a right-leg dominant. When it comes to my left leg, confidence ceases to exist. I do not know how to kick above chest level. I do not know how to execute a high side kick without breaking the hip bones. And most importantly, I do not know how to remedy this situation.

I have favored my right leg always, using it over my left leg for a cheap reward of satisfaction. For years I have cheated, neglecting to train my left leg. I was lazy and I was impatient; impatient for success. Today, this negligence has rendered my left leg useless compared to capacities of my right. And I realize the validity behind the saying "there is no shortcut."

** I am basically stumped at this point. I'm trying to make some broader connections with my career aspirations etc. ANY advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much in advance **
swimchick2266 3 / 9  
Maybe you could expand on the idea that you want to learn how to use your left leg, and how you plan on going about that. It will reveal your determination to conquer your weaknesses. Hope this helps!

If you could take a look at any of my essays it would be greatly appreciated!
OP MSetYo 4 / 9  
thanks!
chirper 1 / 1  
i think you've got a great concept going. At this point, be confident of that fact so you can go forward wholeheartedly. I agree with swimchick about continuing with that point.
OP MSetYo 4 / 9  
Thanks again, does anyone else have any suggestions? I was also wondering whether or not I answered the prompt. Thanks in advance! PS This is due within the next hour!!

Home / Undergraduate / my career aspirations, BROWN " What don't you know"