"a career in economics once I graduate" - George Washington Supplement

pshizz 2 / 4  
Hey guys. In advance, thank you for your help. This is my supplement for GW which i am applying to ED tomorrow or maybe even tonight. Any help would be appreciated.

The question is: Attach an essay of no more than 500 words indicating what most influenced you to apply to The George Washington University (required of all applicants). If you are applying to an accelerated or special program, also explain why you are interested in this program at GW.

FYI i am NOT applying to a special program.

"You should look at the George Washington University, Kaitlyn loves it there" my father explained. The proposition did not even register in my mind at the time. Sure, I heard of GW partly because my best friends sister went there. However, I had never thought of George Washington as a place where I would think about going to college. Coming from Boston, where there is a plethora of good colleges, nothing about going to a school hundreds of miles from home appealed to me. Looking back, I laugh at my ignorance for judging George Washington University before I knew what it was really all about and what it had to offer.

Of the many reasons that inspired me to apply to the George Washington University, the post college opportunities offered in Washington D.C. are the most significant. Ever since visiting the U.S. capital and George Washington University campus, I have been drawn to the international atmosphere that is unlike anywhere else in the United States. This parallels my interest in pursuing a career in economics once I graduate. Helping to attain a stable and dependable global economy is one of the challenges the world faces trying to rebound from the financial crisis of 2008. Being able to utilize the first class professors and internship opportunities for economics majors in the Columbian College of Arts and Sciences, would make my dream of having influence over the global economy much more attainable. In addition to this, George Washington's excellent study abroad program would also help further my education and appease another one of my goals, studying at the London School of Economics. Whilst in the process of taking AP Economics at my high school, I have found out that it is my interest and passion that I intend on pursuing at a higher level of education. I hope that I will be able to take my ambition and drive to an institution where my ideas will not go to waste. I know that George Washington will allow me to do this, which is why it is at the top my list. I believe that George Washington University is the perfect school for me because I will be able to apply my knowledge to make a difference once my schooling is through.
OP pshizz 2 / 4  
anyone have thoughts? I'm submitting this tomorrow.
Sure, I had heard of GW partly because my best friends sister went there.

Looking back, I laugh at my ignorance for ruling out George Washington University before I knew what it was really all about and what it had to offer.

Ever since visiting the U.S. capital and George Washington University campus, I have been drawn to the international atmosphere, which is unlike anywhere else in the United States.

Helping toAttaining a stable and dependable global economy is one of the challenges the world faces in trying to rebound from the financial crisis of 2008.

Whilst in the process of taking AP Economics in high school, I have found out that it is my interest and passion that I intend on pursuing at a higher level of education.

I know that George Washington will allow me to do this, which is why it is at the top of my list.

Sorry it has taken so long to get to your essay, we've been pretty swamped here. I hope everything goes well for you, and good luck in school!

Home / Undergraduate / "a career in economics once I graduate" - George Washington Supplement