(career goals, music, high school, inspiration, weekend,.) -Questbridge Short Answers

mforero333 3 / 5  
Hi! So okay, I've finally finished these short answers and I really don't know if they're any good or not. For Questbridge, we have to do these 15 short answers (225 character limit... i HATE that we have such a small max character count..UGHHH) and then 3 other longer essays. I'm kind of worried that these might be kind of boring... but I mean, I think they really do tell a lot about me. AND my longer essays are sure to be way waaay better quality. I just don't know if these are too... i don't know. Anyways it would mean a lot to me if you guys are brutally honest and tell me what you think! Also, tell me what you think colleges are looking for in these short answer questions because I really don't know! THANK YOU (:

What are your career goals and how did you develop them?
Right now, I am undecided on what exactly I want to do but I would really love to study something that would allow me to travel the world. I'm also very passionate about art and design so that is another option for me. College is what will in the end guide me to my career. My main career goal is to do something I truly love; not something that makes a lot of money or looks better on a resume.

What are your favorite types of music?
My taste in music could be called eclectic and somewhat indie, but I am open to anything. I love light relaxing music, but I listen to fun upbeat music as well. I am currently obsessed with Kimbra, a New Zealand pop singer.

What is your favorite high school course and why?
French is by far my favorite course. I love everything about it. I love the french language, the french culture, and my french teacher. I can't wait to be able to use my french skills in the future to communicate to others.

What is your favorite source of inspiration?
I would say I'm easily inspired. I take inspiration from everything. My favorite source is from when go to new places. I always come back from a trip motivated to do things I normally wouldn't do. That's why I love traveling.

How do you spend a typical weekday evening?
I go home, rest, do homework, work on art journal, cook dinner, study for tests, etc... Things I do vary depending on the day. I go to watercolor classes every week along with other art classes. I'm also in several clubs.

How do you spend a typical weekend?
My weekends vary. Some things I do are: catch up on sleep, spend time with friends, read, paint, do school work, volunteer if possible, visit my older brothers and nephew, go to church, watch tv/movies, listen to music, etc..

Who are your heroes? What qualities in them do you admire?
Whenever I see a picture of a sick child I always get this pang of guilt. I feel so bad for not appreciating my life when these kids are fighting for theirs, and yet still being happy. That's why they are heroes to me.

What things make you happiest?
Spending time with friends/family, listening to music, painting, laughing, watching movies, helping people, traveling, learning new things, singing (badly), meeting new people, drawing, exercising , cooking, being productive.

What is the compliment that you have been paid that you are most proud of? Who gave you the compliment?
I've been told by friends that they like that I'm different and I love that fact about myself as well. I don't try to assimilate to others to be "popular". Instead, I embrace my culture and personality which I'm proud of.

How do you rejuvenate yourself?
If I am ever feeling stressed out, I turn to my watercolors. For me, painting is so freeing and therapeutic. It lets my mind wander and be creative. Art, in general, just helps me relax and have fun which is why I love it.

What do you consider to be your most significant achievement?
Starting a club to raise money for starving third world children through doughnut fundraisers is what I consider to be my most significant achievement. I loved being a leader and starting something new at my high school.

If you could change one thing about your high school, what would it be and why?
I wish I could make kids at my school want to learn and succeed. I feel that all the students that aren't in IB in my school just fool around and party. It's really sad to me that they are content with that type of lifestyle.

What historical event do you wish you could have participated in and why?
I would have loved to see MLK's "I Have a Dream" Speech because it was such a pivotal moment in the civil rights movement. I wish I could have been there to tell people to stop being prejudiced and start believing in equality

What about college most excites you?
I am really excited to be in an environment where people actually want to learn. I'm also very excited about the how much I will learn and how great the professors will be in comparison to the teachers I've had my whole life.
KhanhZ 5 / 131 7  
Hi, Mariana)
I think most of your responses are good, they are concise and frank. Though, You could add some more personal strokes to them.

some of my corrections:

that would allow me to travel across/ around the world

My taste in music could be calledeclectic and somewhat indie, but I am open to anything ( you know, eclectic kinda means that)

I can't wait to be able to usebombard with my french skills in the future to communicate to with others.( when you communicate with someone, you expect reciprocal reaction; when you communicate to, you don't{The adverts communicates to consumer})

I would say I'm easily inspired -- I take inspiration from everything. My favorite source is from when go to new placestaps from excitement of visiting new corners of world .

Things I do vary , depending on the day. I go to watercolor classes every week ( the questions asks about Friday ) along with other art classes. I'm also in several clubs(impertinent info) .

What qualities in them do you admire?
You didn't answer that.

How do you spend a typical weekend?
What things make you happiest?
In the above listed questions, you just give a list of activities. You'd better emphasize a couple of them and give a deeper personal insight.
PBP 3 / 9  
Add some personal things

Home / Scholarship / (career goals, music, high school, inspiration, weekend,.) -Questbridge Short Answers