If You could have any career, what would it be? (technology)

jrd519 4 / 6 1  
If you could have any career, what would it be? Why? Describe any activities you are involved in, life experiences you've had, or even classes you've taken that have helped you identify this professional path.

from lego bricks to programming

My choice of a dream career has always wavered from whatever I had set my interests on. When I was younger I wanted to be a master builder for Lego or a Nerf gun designer for Hasbro, but it wasn't until I took my first programing class that I realized I wanted to become a programmer. The first coarse sucked me into the world of code and showed me all of its possibilities, they seemed endless. I was able to implement the basic skills I learned in my extracurricular activities such as my robotics club and engineering competitions, only peaking my interest in code even more. Learning more about programing not only furthered my understanding of the language, but also how it encompasses our everyday life. From smartphones, to watches, to even our houses, technology will continue to develop faster than ever creating a need for better software and when it does I want to be there in the middle of it all. In the future I plan to streamline these technological advances with business opportunities, perhaps by improving on already sophisticated artificial intelligence to service advancing problems, make the community we live in more efficient, or shed light on obstacles that may be out of our own grasps. Time moves quickly, and technology becomes obsolete quicker than ever, leaving the chance of this whole career field to take a drastic change after my years of college are completed. The key to keeping up this ever-changing field of technology is to remain in the center of it all, keeping up with the thing that powers all technology, code.
Jay, this is a pretty good response. It lays the foundation for your interest in code. However, it doesn't tell the reviewer what sort of code related career you plan to be involved in. The way I see it, you can be involved in any of the following careers:

1. Full Stack Web Developer
2. Back End Systems
3. UI/UX Developer
4. Database developer / Database Administrator
5. Dev Ops
6. Desktop Developers
7. Embedded Engineers
8. Statistical Modelers
9. Healthcare Informatics

Based upon your current and previous experience with coding, and your idea as to where your career path should start off the minute you graduate, you will have to pick one specialization from the above list. The prompt is asking you for a specific career path so you need to inform the reviewer of a title / occupation along with your explanation about your interest say, a specific coding COURSE (not COARSE). You need to do some research in the coding field / available jobs so you can accurately respond to this question. Your explanation about the activities you have participated in and the coding languages you have studied doesn't really explain what career you will have. Pick a career and use that for the response. You can always switch majors later on. Right now, you just have to provide the correct response in order to be considered for admission to the university.

Home / Undergraduate / If You could have any career, what would it be? (technology)