Cats and me----Stanford supplement: note to your roomate

lc93430 2 / 5  
[i]Write a note to your future roommate that reveals something about you or that will help your roommate--and us---know you better.[/i]

Hey roomie,
Since you are going to be one important part of my life from now on, you probably want to know some things about me.
Besides the love of tuna, I have lots of things in common with cats.
You see cats are always staring at the birds outside, chasing butterflies or checking out streets cats. And I have the same curiosity, the same perspective to see this world as my playground, and the same desire to enjoy every moment of my life. In a free afternoon, I may find the spot where the sunshine is warmest to sit and read a novel. I may also just go sit on the bench outside and watch leaves fall. And no matter how busy I am, I always find time to take a nap in the most comfortable place. Don't take it as I am a lazy. Cats slow down to enjoy life only because they can be fast when necessary.

Cats love to climb high, so do I. I like to climb high hills, academically and physically, without worrying about falling. After I fall, like failing a really hard mid-term, I will take some time to cry. But I always remember to keep those down moments only moments. So when you see me crawling in bed crying, don't worry, I'll be fine. Don't you see the cats always succeed in the end?

Have you ever stepped on a cat's tail? After some time, they forget all the unpleasantness and come back to rub your feet. We probably will have some unpleasant things happening in our friendship. When that does, we all have the right to be angry, but I hope we will get over it and forgive each other.

Cheers,
Your roommate
Michael48304 8 / 31  
This is a good start. The vocabulary is a little elementary. Try to tell more about yourself. I think you tried so hard to find a creative metaphor that the content itself is kind of lacking. You seem like you're trying to fit yourself to the metaphor rather than the other way around, if you understand what I am saying.

This could be reworded a little. Since you are going to be... I probably should tell you... -------I think it makes more sense this way because a person does not think, "I am going to be an important part of his life, so he should tell me a few things..."

I like the last paragraph a lot. And the theme you chose is interesting. The AO reader may or may not appreciate it. I think one way to improve the chances that the AO reader will appreciate it is to mention your intended major and plan for your career. That tells what you are all about. What is a cat's attitude toward your chosen career?

:-)

Home / Undergraduate / Cats and me----Stanford supplement: note to your roomate