CCAD personal, artistic, career goals

greteljuice91 1 / -  
Prompt: In approximately 500 words, please describe your personal, artistic, academic, and career goals and why CCAD was selected as the place to prepare to achieve your goals.

"Even at best, talent remains a constant, and those who rely upon that gift alone, without developing further, peak quickly and soon fade to obscurity." --David Bayles

It wasn't until high school that I really understood what being an "artist" meant. I knew there was something different in the way I processed information compared to others, but until technique and art supplies were introduced, I had no lable for this difference. I was attracted to the aesthetics in everything, how delicate, beautiful, and intentional everything around me seemed to be.

I always had the desire to create, and even noticed a feeling of discomfort when I wasn't. This was such a strong part of my being that it was past passion, and became a need. Making and creating was essential to my well-being and organization of the world around me. Without art, I found myself lost. Creating, I felt alive and shone vibrantly.

Photography has been an outlet for what can't be expressed through language. I feel at home when shooting on location, and have found a renewed innocence through art. Child-like qualities such as curiousity seem to thrive when I'm creating. The more I practice and learn techniques with the camera, the further I am able to challenge myself artistically. I want to discover, by furthering my education, how I can take my talent and skillfully utilize them to benefit the world. I want to contintue growing and improving my strengths, and minimize my weaknesses.

Having a variety of career options and the life-skills to implement these abilities is very important. By furthering my education I need to be prepared as an artist to survive in the rapid job-market. To do this, I am ready to make serious commitments to thrive with authenticity and achieve my goals. Through art school, specifically CCAD, I plan on further building appreciation for life. I am prepared to put aside activities that may interfere with my academics, and embrace activities that will enhance them.

At CCAD I hope to develop knowledge and insight that will help me better interpret the world. Personal success as an artist is my main objective. This includes becoming worldly, skilled, thoughtful, and able to effectively communicate my ideas to others. CCAD produces artists with maturity, outstanding work ethics, discipline, and moral responsibility. These qualities are of utmost importance to me as a young artist. I have researched other art schools and CCAD seems like a perfect fit for my personality and career goals.
SHABAIL 1 / 17  
This is a great essay. It has a nice flow and few if any grammatical errors. The only advice I can give is to perhaps tie your quote in to the body of the essay itself in order to exemplify its meaning.
I don't think you say enough about "why CCAD was selected as the place" ... you mention abstract things in that last paragraph, like maturity, outstanding work ethics, discipline, and moral responsibility, but these are so vague! They are meaningless. It is better if you discuss your artistic vision for creating your future, and discuss a few other schools you have considered... but then show that your creative vision for the future seems right when it includes CCAD. Really answer that question about why it is the best place. That way, the reader will care whether or not you get to go there.

Home / Undergraduate / CCAD personal, artistic, career goals