"My cello sings" - Common app short answer

chocana 6 / 18  
The cello string vibrates lightly as if it's trembling with silent tears from the melancholic melody. My hand, too, glides down the string like tears slipping down. My cello sings a weeping song of lost love; its deep voice casts a heavy cloud of nostalgia over the audience. The lingering vibrato of the cello whispers magic to me, enchanting me. This is the magic of cello that caused me to be involved in various musical activities, such as the orchestra. I feel surreal when various voices of instruments merge together to form a perfect harmony because I feel like I'm in an ecstatic dream. Cello releases me from binding problems of life as I become entranced in its cathartic spell.

Grammar? Content?

I'll help yours also~
DemolitionX 4 / 9  
Wow this essay is on point and i love how you describe the feeling. The only inquiry i have is at the end of the second sentence you have tears slipping down, i would ask from what?
engdetective 6 / 24  
Hey there :)

Ok, your essay (from what I could perceive) was free of grammatical errors, or at least of those that quickly catch the eye of the reader.

Nevertheless, though I liked the artistic side of this short answer and how beautifully you expressed the powerful feelings and images that playing the cello gives to you, shouldn't it be about something more specific than that? You do describe the physical act and the emotion, but what is about this experience that makes it so important? Is it just the music, the sight, or more?

In the overall, it is nice, but I think you could do better (even though the limit is just 150 words).

Hope I have helped :)
OP chocana 6 / 18  
@ Demolition: I tried to compare my hand slipping down the cello with tears slipping down one's cheek. Hope it makes sense :S

@ engdetective: Thanks! It really helped :)
fc barca 4 / 19  
*entranced by its cathartic spell. Other than that I wouldn't change a thing. Great job!

Home / Undergraduate / "My cello sings" - Common app short answer