Cellular processes ; BU / WHY APPLY/

kris10 2 / 5 1  
In no more than 250 words, please tell us why BU is a good fit for you and what specifically has led you to apply for admission?

In my freshman biology class, I became extremely intrigued about cellular processes such as protein synthesis and mitosis. I asked my teacher endless questions about the course material because I was eager to know more. The way that countless body mechanisms function simultaneously to produce life fascinates me; I hope to take advantage of Boston University's programs in biology and laboratory research to discover a way of manipulating cancer cells so that effective vaccines and remedies can be implemented. In particular, the Undergraduate Research Opportunities Program that Boston offers captured my attention. Maria Panchenko's Cell Biology and Biochemistry project investigating affects of protein complexes on the regeneration of tissues is a program I hope to participate in. While main focus remains in academics, Boston allows exploration and engagement in student groups. Campus Crusade for Christ and Pianists Association are organizations I have been involved in throughout high school would love to continue. As a university, amalgamation of ideas and a cultural awareness is of the utmost importance. Coming from a school populated by students of the same nationalities, the diversity of Boston could be a renaissance for me. At this excellent institution, interacting and sharing ideas with people from around the world will widen my limited perspective of world. With Boston's wide spectrum of opportunities, I know that this school is the perfect place for me, and I am certain that Boston University will soon be called my home.
Jennyflower81 - / 690 96  
Hi, your essay looks really good, I think that you have done a nice job with this. I have a few suggestions on how you may want to change your wording:

I am fascinated by t he way that countless body mechanisms function simultaneously to produce life.fascinates me; I hope to take advantage of Boston University's programs in biology and laboratory research.My plan is to discover a way of manipulating cancer cells so that effective vaccines and remedies can be implemented.

I hope to participate in Maria Panchenko's Cell Biology and Biochemistry project, whichinvestigatesthe wayaffects of protein complexes affecton the regeneration of tissues.is a program I hope to participate in.

While the main focus remains on academics, Boston allows exploration and engagement in student groups.

At a university, amalgamation of ideas and a cultural awareness is of the utmost importance.
strwrsfn0013 3 / 15 6  
Jennyflower81, could you please do me the awesome favor of editing one of my essays?
OP kris10 2 / 5 1  
strwrsfn0013
I wanted to make it sound like I've reached a calm or something but if you thought it was cocky then I'll take it out. Thanks!

Home / Undergraduate / Cellular processes ; BU / WHY APPLY/