'center of education where learning is limitless' Stanford - Intellectual development

jujugo85 3 / 15  
This has a 2000 character limit, and I am at 2007. -.- any ideas? Also, I put GS because it saved words and characters... but I feel as though it is distracting. Any ideas?(GS = Governor's School). Thanks for any help in advance!!! :))

Stanford students possess an intellectual vitality. Reflect on an idea or experience that has been important to your intellectual development.
This summer I had the amazing opportunity to attend a center of education where learning is limitless -North Carolina Governor's School. Diversity in this environment is an understatement. There are traditional classroom settings filled with desks and white boards, and there are prospective classrooms of lunchrooms, transit systems, and parks. Teachers and students are found in attendees and instructors, hall-mates and supervisors. Lessons are learned during allotted time through readings and during spontaneous discussion between seminars and workouts. The multitudes of ethnicities, religions, and socio-economic backgrounds present in the community allow students to explore and inquire by abolishing any artificial boundaries that may initially be present. In this utopian community, my capacity to learn was expanded. Not only did I acquire a larger perspective in which to analyze concepts, but I was able to experience and reflect on much more than I could in my typical schedule.

When I look back on my experience at GS, of course I recall the seminars, the TACtivities, and the presentations, but what I really remember are the details. Each time I am offered a plastic straw and cap for my drink, I remember the amount of trash I had to carry on my back for two weeks to witness the immensity of waste the world produces. When I taste Indian food, I recall the first time I had authentic chicken curry from my hall mate, Neha, and the lessons I learned hearing about her practices as a Buddhist. While sitting in traffic, I flashback to when Orlando, a GS conductor, taught me that music is made anywhere, anytime, even in the midst of motors and sirens.

At GS, my mindset was transformed. No longer do I mark topics off of a to-do list, rather I aim to experience education, be impacted by it. I look for the details and the unexpected lessons. I value accomplishments that are not just difficult to master, but difficult to explain. I am now the scholar, and the world is my classroom.
Koolz 1 / 5  
put gs in brackets after government school so they know what gs is and GS is not distracting. Good essay
OP jujugo85 3 / 15  
Thank you Koolz!
OP jujugo85 3 / 15  
If anyone else could give feedback it would be muchhhh appreciated!! thanks in advance :))
OP jujugo85 3 / 15  
Thanks! and yes I will check it out! :))

Home / Undergraduate / 'center of education where learning is limitless' Stanford - Intellectual development