BU CGS program drew me in instantly - intrigued by the fields of Political Science and Economics

nikkix3 2 / 4  
Tell us why BU is a good fit for you and what has specifically led you to apply for admission

No more than 250 words. Mine is currently 154:

BU's CGS program drew me in instantly. I have always been especially intrigued by the fields of Political Science and Economics, and I am currently torn between which one to choose as my major. By being a part of CGS, I would be able to try each major on for size, as I would be given the opportunity to pursue various subjects in relation to both Political Science and Economics. The tightly-knit CGS community and access to academic advisors would help guide me through the difficult process of choosing a field that I would want to work in for the rest of my life. When I come to a final decision of what my major is, I know my choice will be the right one because I would have had the time to think about it as well as the opportunity to take a variety of classes in both of my areas of interest.
Ejepe 7 / 4 1  
hi nikkix3, i have read your this answer, let discuss more. according to the question, there are two points must be answered;
1. why BU is a good fit for you
2. and what has specifically led you to apply for admission
.

you can discribe about your personal potential beside your interest in this area. i think you also can offer personal experience in this area and your planning for developing in the future. Give a short memorable sentence in the first and the last of paragraph.

BU's CGS program drew me in instantly.

By being a part of CGS, I would be able to try each major on for size, as I would be given the opportunity to pursue various subjects in relation to both Political Science and Economics..... in this space you can add more deteal and clear reasons. make sure they interest in your writting. like what have you did, will you do and you recently activity in this major....The tightly-knit CGS community and ...

that is my opinion, success for you.
Nicolette, since you have room to spare in the statement discussion, you should work on developing the CGS idea and why it drew you to BU. Remember that even though CGS covers generalized studies that allows you try on many hats, you will eventually be forced to opt for a major. Right now, your discussion is as general as the course that you are opting to enroll in at the university. You need to provide a few specifics in order to make the response feel more personal on your part.

Try to pick out a few of the general courses that relate to your interest in Political Science and Economics. One subject for each major, as long as it is a major subject of that particular course, should be discussed in relation to your interest in each field. While there are going to be academic advisers around to help you decide on a major, this statement relies more on your academic interest in the university to respond to the question. So, by allowing yourself to discuss 2 varying subjects as having drawn you to CGS, you might even end up impressing the reviewer as this will be the opportunity for you to come across as a uniquely interested student.

Home / Undergraduate / BU CGS program drew me in instantly - intrigued by the fields of Political Science and Economics