Home / Undergraduate   % width NEW!

Challenge of providing financial means for the family!

evadfa 3 / 7 1  
I am doing an essay for school and would like some input on it. It is still a little short, and has some grammatical and punctuation errors. Please tell me what I could expand on and

what needs more attention.
Thanks

One of my greatest challenges happened last year when I was suddenly out of work. This is something that no one ever plans for in their life. The loss of work causes so much stress in a persons life, putting a tremendous strain on the families finances and making the future look uncertain. In my own experience, I worked for 15 years for one company. While there was a gap of about 7 months where I was out of work during that time, it was nothing compared to being out of work with no thoughts of returning. My first thought though, was going back to school to further my education and increase my chances at landing a better job. This was going to be a challenge, because I didn't do very well in school before. I was not sure how a return to school after 20 years would be. Couple that with the need to secure some type of part time work as well and the challenge becomes greater.

My number one challenge, is trying to support my family as I move towards going to school and finding work. With going to school, I was nervous that I would not be able to handle it or be prepared for this almost new experience. From getting admitted to the school, applying for financial aid, and scheduling classes, I felt a bit overwhelmed. Thanks to a lot of helpful instructors and councilors, I was able to make it into the start of the school year.

Because of my past school experiences, I was not sure how I would fair in this college. I knew I had to be successful in my return to school. This time though it is not just for me, but for my family as well. The are supporting and depending on me to do well.

My strength is not fully recognized yet, but I am seeing that I hold myself more accountable than I did before. I work harder and put more attention into school and classes this time around.

Home / Undergraduate / Challenge of providing financial means for the family!