Essay on challenges and rewards of living in a boarding school

bellalove123 1 / 2  
I am applying for this school and I have to write a 150-word essay "Explaining what you expect to be the challenges and rewards of living in a boarding school". I have rewritten it 3 times already but I still feel it's too broad and not specific enough. Please give me comments on my essay and help check with the content. Should I write it in another way??. Besides, my essay is 245 words now. Could you please cut it out for me also?

Thanks a zillion times :D :D :D

" Boarding school is no difference from a society where I experience every situation, discover who I am, make friends for life, and become a successful young adult.

The best part of going to a boarding school is the people I would meet there. Living among people from all over the world, I would learn about distinguish cultures and styles of living so that I will respect others and their nations more. Being a boarder, I would gradually learn to live independently, respectfully and responsibly as well as become more adaptive. Besides, boarding schools allow me to discover who I am and explore my hidden talents by promising a better academic with strong and broad foundation in every subject as well as shaping the students' characteristics and social skills with number of extra-curricular activities. Along with all the rewards the school offers me , I also expect some challenges namely catching up with a new education systems and adjusting lives with people I have never met before. However, the load of curriculum and extracurricular activities would soon blow those challenges off and I would definitely gain a lot of skills once I overcome the hardship

No matter it's college life or after that, I truly believe that rewards and difficulties I have experienced at a boarding school will help me to define myself and turn me into a well-rounded young adult who is not only knowledgeable but also very dynamic and responsible in everything she does"
Michelluu 2 / 3  
" To go a boarding school is not so much different from living in a society. I will gain new experiences, discover who I am, make friends for life, and become a successful young adult.

To meet new people is the most rewarding part of going to a boarding school. To live with people from around the world and to experience their culture and live styles will be the ultimate experience. To live in a boarding school will develop my soft skills such as, adaptability, independence and responsibility. In addition I will discover who I am and also to explore my hidden talents. I believe that I can develop academically as well. On top of it I hope that I can improve my social skills by participating in extra-curricular activities. I am aware that challenges will be also part of the experience, namely catching up with the new education system and adjusting to a new live. However, I am confident that once I settle in, I will be an excellent student.

I truly believe that no matter how hard it will be at first, the experience I gain during the time in your boarding school will equip me to become a well-rounded and educated young adult.
ChichoTran 7 / 15  
A boarding school is not so much different from living in a society. I will gain new experiences, self-discovery, and everlasting bonds; become a successful young adult with a bright future. Meeting new people is the most gratifying part of going to a boarding school. Living with people from around the world, experiencing their culture and life styles will be the salubrious experience. Furthermore, my skills such as adaptability, independence, and responsibility will be enhanced. Likewise, I will discover who I am; explore my hidden talents. I believe that I can develop academically as well via social interaction and extracurricular activities. Surely, there will be challenges: new education system and adjusting to a new life. However, I will rise to the challenge and become an exceptional student. The knowledge I gain at the boarding school will equip me to become a well-rounded and educated young adult: securing a promising future.

~149 words. I hope this helps~
One advice, boarding school is used way to much. Use the actually boarding school's name.
OP bellalove123 1 / 2  
Thank you both for checking and cutting down the essay for me:D. It's really helpful.
However, I felt the question is quite broad as it only asks about boarding school in general so I did not use the boarding school's name
Dohaakhateeb 1 / 1  
joining to a boarding school is a great opportunity which will provide me a chance to get a serious experience by living among people with different cultures

from all over the world, and I think it is a very important thing to seek behind.
( I think it will be a good begining to your essay)

Home / Undergraduate / Essay on challenges and rewards of living in a boarding school