challenging coursework; Sounth CarolinaHonors College/academic goals

Vasqueza 2 / 2  
The University of South Carolina Honors College is one of the best in the country. As a college student, I have realized there are many opportunities one can achieve with great effort and dedication. I have been able to acquire a new perspective and I have a great appreciation of the opportunities given me.

I was raised in Lima, Peru. The opportunities in this country for a higher-level education are both scarce and highly competitive. This country, with its twenty seven million inhabitants, has less than thirty percent of its population attending a vocational school or university. This, of course, makes it much harder for any individual to fulfill their dreams of pursuing a chosen career in order to provide for their families. My parents have always longed for me to achieve every goal I have set for myself and strive to become successful in whatever I do. Being raised in this type of environment has provided me with a deep appreciation of the importance of achieving a respectable education. I was willing to leave the culture that I was familiar with and move to the United States in order to enrich my knowledge and gain the education that I desired. There are many ways in which the Honors College will contribute to the achievement of my goals. I am both eager and willing to accept the challenging coursework that the Honors College offers and deepen my academic awareness. Through the individualized method of educating students within this program, I will gain a greater opportunity to achieve my personal and professional ambitions. I am highly motivated to excel in my educational aspirations and am certain that this scholastic environment will enrich my future goals and needs.

Learning in the Honors College will not only deepen my knowledge, but will prepare me for future endeavors in my career and educational objectives such as attending graduate school. Additionally, the Honors College not only provides students with a deeper knowledge, but shapes them as future leaders. Given the opportunity to become a student of the Honors College, I will strive my very best to achieve the education goals set before me in order to deserve this prestigious honor.
abhigeorge 6 / 20 2  
appreciation of the opportunities given me

appreciation of the opportunities given to me
I have been able to acquire a new perspective and I have a great appreciation of the opportunities given me.

.... the part I highlighted does not sound specific. I mean it is vague about what you really mean. What sort of new perspective?

Being raised in this type of environment has provided me with a deep appreciation of the importance of achieving a respectable education.

Being raised in such background and encouraging environment, provided me with a deep appreciation of the importance of achieving a respectable education
You write very well... I wish you good luck with your application!

Home / Undergraduate / challenging coursework; Sounth CarolinaHonors College/academic goals