What are the characteristics of a good leader? (Trying to be a psychologist)

N2F5 1 / 2  
Dear all,

Please, have a look at my essay. I would be appreciated if you had checked the essay and wrote your comments about it.
Thank you in advance.

The best and the easiest way of analyzing characteristics of a good leader is just to work on an example of your boss in office, teacher at school and university and/or parents at home. Though all the mentioned positions differ from one-another they are combined under the leadership responsibilities. Thus, it would be satisfactory to analyze them and find some patterns that might lead character of a man to be the best. Basing on these three different leader positions, I would like to emphasize some crucial features, being knowledge and experience, respect and psychology.

How can a man perform a task at his best if he does not know ins and outs of it? Therefore, a leader is appraised because of the knowledge and practice that he has in his work. Hence, a man can never perform well if the work does not ring him a bell. Having no information brings to poor management, group destruction, non-desired and qualitative output and the like. There is a good saying related to this issue; "Good teachers have good students" or "Like father like son". Accordingly if you are good leader, then you have good worker team and consequently good product at the end. Otherwise, like a bad master always quarrelling with his tool the leader will be blamed and/or blame others. A leader with rich knowledge and experience and great intend to find more is always estimated, as none of us would prefer to work with stupid chief who does not know how to how to work, which method to apply, how benefit from previous experience.

Consequently, a good leader must be respectful and respected by others. Watching over his manners he must avoid misunderstanding, classification, cultural difference problems among his employees and treating them individually. Thus, great percentage of HR statistics objected to evaluate relationship within staff shows that leaders who are in close relations with the every employee are respected and successful in their position. It always brings the team into friendly and family atmosphere rather than working environment.

Trying to be a psychologist and attempting to learn and comprehend workers psychology is also one of the god characteristic features of a good leader. The man should not dictate his own ideas and behavior as a sample being a leader, but to be open to others' psychology as well. having or creating combined psychology between leader and employees is one of the essential patterns of above mentioned family atmosphere in a workplace.

To sum up the characterization, were I a leader, I would try not to make the mistakes that my advisors had done that affected my thoughts and respect about them. Furthermore, I would develop and share respect, knowledge, behavior, management skills that I have learned from my favorite teachers and chiefs which made me to love them.
lead character of a man to be the best.

Let's not be implying that only men can be leaders. Say "character of a person."

Based on these three different leadership positions, I would like to emphasize some crucial features: knowledge and experience, respect and psychology. ---- Based, not basing...

also, I added a colon. Do you like it that way?

Otherwise, like a bad master always quarrelling with his tool the leader will be blamed and/or blame others. ---- you can say "bad carpenter"

Otherwise, like a bad master carpenter, always quarreling with his tools, the leader will be blamed and/or blame others.
or you can say...
Otherwise, like a bad master, always quarreling with his servants, the leader will be blamed and/or blame others.

Trying to be a psychologist and attempting to learn and comprehend workers industrial psychology is also one of the characteristics featuresof a good leader. The man leader should not dictate his own ideas, but instead should lead by example while remaining open to others' psychology as well. Having or creating combined psychology common understanding between leader and employees is one of the essential patterns of above mentioned family atmosphere in a workplace.

To sum up the characterization, were I a leader, I would try not to make the mistakes that my advisors had done made, which affected my thoughts and respect about them. Furthermore, I would develop and ...

:-)
OP N2F5 1 / 2  
Thanks Kevin for your comments. I do hope that they will assist me in my next writings.

Home / Undergraduate / What are the characteristics of a good leader? (Trying to be a psychologist)