Check your submissions dates common app posting incorrect dates!?

sk8rgal666 2 / 27  
Hey,
I just checked up on my application that I submitted 12/31 and 01/01 and I was astonished to find that they all had wrong dates posted. Make sure to check if yours are wrong as well!!

One application, that I submitted on the 31st showed that the supplement was submitted today and that the application was submitted o the first. As we all know the supplement can't be submitted before the supplement...

I contacted common app tech support and they said, "Please be informed that you would have to contact the school directly and inquire about this issue."

Is anyone else having problems like this?
What should be done?
r991183878 6 / 19  
I live in the West Coast and submitted an NYU app on common app and mine did the same thing, but I posted a little bit before the deadline, so I thought it was just EA time zone. I have no idea though. I'm sure it is no big deal, but if you are really worried, contact admissions at the schools you are applying to.
OP sk8rgal666 2 / 27  
Thanks, I actually submitted a day ahead of time and it said I was a day late!
I live in florida though so I should be in the right time zone.A few of my friends are having the same problem though...
Linnus 6 / 89  
"As we all know the supplement can't be submitted before the supplement"
What?

Are you sure it is not the download date. Also common app uses eastern time.
mihirmj 12 / 12  
yea the same thing happeend to me but i called the school and they said that it was no problem and they have had issues with this happening before
OP sk8rgal666 2 / 27  
Linnus:OOPS sorry I meant we all know you can't submit the appliation before the supplement
mihirmj: Awesome thanks so much!!
arghuman82 5 / 13  
I submitted supplement b4 application, why does it matter?
OP sk8rgal666 2 / 27  
It doesn't matter if you submit the supplement before the application, that is what you are supposed to do. However, the Common App does not ALLOW one to submit the application before submitting the supplement. My point was that according to the "download" dates on the "My Colleges" page, I had done exactly that--supplement before app--and it therefore couldn't possibly have been true.

=]
alicimoo 3 / 24  
...what?

For most of my schools I submitted the Common App before I submitted the supplements. Only for the schools that wanted the supplement first did I submit the supplement first.

I'm so confused...
ichid99 9 / 10  
I don't think it really matters.

For my schools, I submitted the applications before the supplements.
paradox 6 / 17  
Yeah same thing happened to me just now.

Its still 2/1/09 where Chicago is,but it said I submitted 49 minutes late.

Well I paid already, and submitted it so it should be ok...

We'll just have to see.

You sure?

So Chicago would still be eastern time?

Does that mean I missed my deadline..?
alicimoo 3 / 24  
You sure?

So Chicago would still be eastern time?

Does that mean I missed my deadline..?

Chicago is 1 hour slower than EST.
If you're on the East coast, the deadline would have been 12:59pm.
If you're on the West coast, the deadline would have been 10:59pm.

[edit]
what am i saying...hold on.

[edit]
So it says nothing on their website about their deadline, but I would assume it's 11:59pm for Chicago time, which would be times I posted above.
fabxx 9 / 6  
I think if commonapp accepted your applications then it should be fine (should, i'm not positive) because I asked a friend in college and he said if commonapp said "pass deadline" or smth and won't let you submit the app then you are late. but if commonapp took your app, then you are ok. but of course, you should always call the school to be sure.
paradox 6 / 17  
Aite thanks so much for the tip :)

I got an email saying it was accepted but I'll call them to check anyway.

Thanks again.
EF_Constance - / 143  
For any submission errors, questions, concerns, etc., I would direct someone in the admissions office at the college(s) in question.
vk123 2 / 7  
i dun really think tat the problem but if u want to make sure i recommend u called the school to be sure
OP sk8rgal666 2 / 27  
Ok, so I called two of my schools, Boston and Notre Dame and they both said the download date doesn't matter =]
yoromori 3 / 10  
and are college apps due today, November 29th at midnight or tomorrow, november 30th at midnight?
OhsoSoulful 1 / 9  
november 30th but do it earlier because system might crash

Home / Undergraduate / Check your submissions dates common app posting incorrect dates!?