Checkmate!, Online Chess; MIT App; Pleasure activity?

duquevan 5 / 13 2  
We know you lead a busy life, full of activities, many of which are required of you. Tell us about something you do for the pleasure of it. (*)(100 words or fewer):

There I was: sitting in my desktop, trying to feel an opponent I could not see, anxiously waiting his turn. Had he foreseen my intentions? I didn't know. I could feel the sweat, slipping through my neck and falling in the depths of my chest, I knew that this was my chance. He made his move, without noticing his deadly mistake. It was my turn. Without doubting, I moved my solitary lady, right beneath my enemy's defense. Checkmate! I love playing online chess in my free time, not only for simple pleasure but also because it teaches you to anticipate the consequences of your decisions.

I would like you to check for any mistakes I made it would be of great help. Thank you!
malaikaiyer 6 / 13 4  
I think the semicolon does't quite fit, and you should change it to a comma. Also, I would change the "without doubting" to "without a doubt." and take out the comma after solitary lady. I love your last sentence. Overall, I think you have a really good essay!
collegemaster 2 / 5 1  
it teaches you to anticipate the consequences of your decisions

I'd change all of the "you" to "me," because in the end, the essay is about you.

He made his move,

No need for a comma at the end.

sitting in my desktop

Sitting in your desktop? Maybe "on" is a bit better.

sweat,

No comma needed here either.

duquevan

falling in the depths of my chest, I knew that this was my chance.

Not really sure what the depths of your chest are. Make this a bit clear. I would add an "and" after the comma.

solitary lady,

Sorry if I'm an idiot - this is your queen right? Because you don't reveal chess until later, this might be a bit confusing. You don't have to change it though; I was just curious. However, I would take out the comma.

But I liked it! I liked how you kept it a mystery until the "Checkmate!"
OP duquevan 5 / 13 2  
Thanks a lot. I had not noticed those mistakes and is extremely useful for me to have a good proof read like you guys. I really appreciate it.

BTW could you help me to make it shorter withpout cutting the ideas because I passed out by 5 words.

Home / Undergraduate / Checkmate!, Online Chess; MIT App; Pleasure activity?