I'll cherish every minute to experience distinctive life and try my best to be a better person.

corachang 1 / -  
Student Exchange Program - Statement of Purpose

Dears, I'm going to apply for student exchange program. I will be extremely appreciated if there's someone will to give me some advices about the following article.

Btw, should I have some personal introduction and experiences in it even that I've prepared my resume?

---
I've met a Sweden exchange girl named Anna in ***. We drew together, talked about our culture and shared study details. I was deeply attracted by this cheerful girl by her independence and life experiences, and made up my mind to go abroad and broaden my horizon. So far, the thought remains unshaken. To me, the student exchange program is so charming as following reasons.

First of all, I can walk out my comfort zone and open my mind. I was born, grew and studied in Taiwan. I was satisfied with being in where I used to be. However, after the internships at start-up and global company, I found that I'm lack of international competitiveness and creativity. I believe that this golden opportunity will give me a chance to learn about other cultures and be inspired by people from everywhere.

Secondly, I can take advantages from other countries. I desire to know how foreign professors cultivate their students to be a successful manager and how students learn from school. As an exchange student, I will live with natives, get involved in their circumstance and learn with them. Facing a wide variety of daily habits, I'd like to be a humble person taking pros to my heart and being considerate to cons.

In addition, I can be a diplomatic envoy letting others know more about Taiwan. I love our country because of its appetizing foods, adorable people and appealing sceneries, and I'd like to share the greatness of Taiwan to my foreign friends. I trust this program would delightfully allow me to spread our culture to wherever I am.

Last but not the least, I can stable my future decision through this program. Though I'm at critical age in my life, I cannot totally figure out what person I'd like to be in a very few months. As a Chinese proverb goes, a person that travels far knows much. By confronted with foreign people from different cultures, I may come out some ideas about being which kind of person.

For the reasons mentioned above, I'm looking forward to be an exchange student. If I can be honorably enrolled in this program, I'll cherish every minute to experience distinctive life and try my best to be a better person.

---
Thanks for your attention and suggestion! :)
Cora, your SOP sounds more like a college application and creative essay more than a forma statement of purpose.Are you applying to college or for a masters degree ? In order to properly write a statement of purpose, you must first understand what the requirements of the essay are. This means you must analyze the essay prompt / question, which I am sure was provided to you with the application packet, for it's requirements and central topic. I would appreciate it very much if you can provide us with the SOP question that was given to you. Normally though, a SOP for masters studies answers the following questions:

1. What is your current profession and how does it relate to your interest in higher studies?
2. What training and seminars have you attended and how does it affect your ability to succeed as a higher studies student?
3. How does completing this degree help you achieve your future goals and ambitions?
4. Why would studying overseas be the best option for you to achieve these goals and ambitions?
5. What are your short and long term plans in relation to your career after completing your masters?

I hope this helps :-)

Home / Undergraduate / I'll cherish every minute to experience distinctive life and try my best to be a better person.