Chicago short question- "Intellectual Holy Grail"

Linnus 6 / 89  
Question 1. How does the University of Chicago, as you know it now, satisfy your desire for a particular kind of learning, community, and future? Please address with some specificity your own wishes and how they relate to Chicago. (2 paragraphs)

When I hear "University of Chicago" I envision an intellectual Holy Grail with mathematical and graphical representations of black holes and economic theory in the background. Of course, just knowing that the University of Chicago is filled with world renowned professors and an unrivaled science and economics curriculum only tells me part of the story. As I uncovered more secrets of University of Chicago, I slowly fell in love with the university. The University is packed with students who have a genuine passion for learning that surpasses the tangible wall of the classroom. Most importantly, the University cultivates an environment that promotes critical thinking through its small discussion oriented class led by full time professors and the intellectual and cultural diversity it offers.

Even though my primary interest is in the sciences and economics, it is my intention to be a renaissance man. University of Chicago's intellectual melting pot and its focus on offering its students a broad range of interdisciplinary classes will help me achieve this dream. I have no doubt that I will attend graduate school in the future because of my hunger for knowledge. The institution's emphasis on community involvement and developing leadership skills along with the rigorous curriculum it offers will not only prepare me for graduate school, but also the competition environment of the outside world.

Any advice or suggestions is appreciated! I will try my best to return the favor. Thank you so much!
hellomoto 3 / 10  
Take it or leave it doesnt matter to me but I would be careful about laying it on too thick. It could sound insincere and end up hurting you. If you cut a few superlatives, and cut a little of the garnish and combined a few sentences this would be dirty
imike 3 / 20  
To hellomoto, what did your response even mean? Dirty? I wish you could clarify.
I think you should take a specific experience or event or even multiple ones and connect them to how Chicago will assist you in your journey.
OP Linnus 6 / 89  
Hey! Thanks for the suggestions.

After you know that:
Chicago is home to eighty-one recipients of the Nobel Prize (highest among any universities). It is also develop the "Chicago school of economics" which is "a neoclassical school of thought within the academic community of economists" (wiki). It is also the home to many ground-breaking experiments.

Am I still laying it too thick?
Chicago is home to eighty-one recipients of the Nobel Prize (highest among any universities). It is also develop the "Chicago school of economics," which is "a neoclassical school of thought within the academic community of economists" (wiki). It is also the home to many ground-breaking experiments.

Well, name some specific experiments, or other specifics. Also, it is best not to cite wiki, but instead to see who the writer of the wiki artilce cites, and cite that source instead! That is because wiki is generally not considered to be a good source.

Home / Undergraduate / Chicago short question- "Intellectual Holy Grail"