No child can survive on their own without their parents;childhood into adulthood

dsullivan7 1 / -  
No child can survive on their own without their parents. No child can afford to buy themselves things or go places on their own. However, there is a point in most everyone's lives when they realize they need to work for their own possessions. This thinking signifies the imminent transition from childhood to adulthood. For me, this thinking came as early as it could. At the age of fifteen, I started to work.

This was a whole new world for me, as it is for most kids. At fifteen, there are very few jobs obtainable. The only reasonable job available to me was to officiating youth soccer games as a referee. In order to become a referee, I was required to attend a training clinic that cost 75 dollars. My parents helped me out with that fee, as I was still a child with no money. However, that soon changed.

After that course, I was a certified soccer referee in the state of North Carolina. That began my transition to adulthood. This job was the first time that I would make my own money. The first game I officiated was a mid-level youth soccer game. I was paid 18 dollars for the two hours that I was there. After that game, I felt incredible. I had just made my own money for the very first time. My dad was proud, and he watched me the whole time. Then I realized: he was my ride home. From that moment on, I set my goal. I was going to purchase my own car.

I continued working that job every weekend for the rest of the year. I worked hard for what I was making, and it didn't come easy. However, still being dependent on my parents for rides wherever I desired or needed to go, I was still a child. On my sixteenth birthday, I got a job at a family friend's Italian restaurant. Once again I worked conscientiously for hours and hours every weekend, saving everything I made.

My final step into adulthood came a month before my seventeenth birthday. After working tirelessly every minute I could, I decided I was going to use my money to buy a car. After working a large portion of the previous two years, I was going to spend it all on my very own car.

After two years, I accomplished my goal. I purchased my own car, with no help from anyone. This marked my adulthood. I was finally able to drive freely with the windows down, with the radio up, in my own car. To me, the transition into adulthood cannot be marked by a single event, but with a series of events that begins the path to independence. In order for me to become an adult, I became a productive young man and set goals for myself to accomplish. Besides, what kind of adult doesn't have a car?
No child can afford to buy themselves things or go places on their own

No child can afford buying things they want or go to places on their own.

No child can survive on their own without their parents. No child can afford to buy themselves things or go places on their own. However, there is a point in most everyone's lives when they realize they need to work for their own possessions. This thinking signifies the imminent transition from childhood to adulthood.

... well, this is exactly what they want you to tell them. So, I think these lines do not tell them anything special about you, but just general stuff. My feeling is that you should handle your word count more efficiently and make use of every word you are allowed to answer the prompt through which they would know you better.

Home / Undergraduate / No child can survive on their own without their parents;childhood into adulthood