My childhood hobby was to make toys with scrap materials; SOP-Autonomous Systems

haramoz 1 / 1  
Guys Please give me reviews and comments on the essay, its urgent. Please help. :)

My child hood hobby was to make toys out of scrap materials, clay, paper etc. I made birds with wing of metal wire and paper and attached strings to it. At the age of eight that was my concept of automation. Then my father bought home a computer and I was at once in love with it. Very soon I was introduced to basic programming languages like LOGO, GWBASIC. Besides my other academic subjects computer has been a constant companion to me and exploring new technologies always excites me. I am looking forward to pursue my Masters in Autonomous Systems from University of applied sciences Bonn-Rhein-Sieg.

From the very beginning my affinity towards science was strong; I liked mathematics a lot and used to explore it outside my academic interest also. I consistently stood first in the Achievement-Cum-Diagnostic Test in Mathematics held By CPSM(Centre for Pedagogical Studies in Mathematics) for three years between my sixth to ninth standard; I was awarded a prize from the State Level body(CPSM) for scoring a A++ in eighth standard. I secured a 3rd rank in the All Bengal Mathematics Talent Search 2004 conducted by Step Foundation which resulted in a scholarship. I got a 66th state rank in my tenth(Xth) standard. Because of my interest in Science I chose it as my stream for twelfth (XIIth) standard with computer science as additional subject. I learnt C, RDBMS etc . That was the time when cordless phones became very popular; we needed a contact book to store phone numbers. So using MS Access, C language I prepared a contact book. That was my first application.

I was selected in Heritage Institute of Technology for my B.Tech through Joint Entrance examination. I chose Electronics and Communication because it will give me better idea of the circuit making, microcontrollers, Electro-Magnetic Wave, Signal Processing, Communication etc. In the course of 4 years I also learned Mechanical Engineering, Basic Electrical Engineering, Data Structure and Programming, Software Engineering, Relational Database Management System , Digital Electronics, Analog Communication , Advance Communication Systems, Control Systems etc.

In the second year college technical fest I participated as the volunteer and that was my first personal interaction with robots. Robo-Cars, Warrior-Robo, Line follower so many designs, different unique application of technology simply bowled me over, and I became an ardent follower of Robotix. Later I formed a Robotix club with my hostel juniors. We participated in a Submarine design contest in Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur just before competing an important part of the submarine was not working, without getting panicked I replaced it with an empty water bottle working as an air control pump and finally became 4th among 376 participants and also got nominated for best innovative design. I led my team to many such competitions in different coveted institutes in India, success or failure, we learnt a lot. For the summer project I was selected in Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics( under the Department of Atomic Research, Govt. of India). I did a one and half month project on Automatic Data Clustering. It was a program capable of receiving millions records from a file and return different coloured graphs for same type of datasets (cluster). The application of the program could be done as a Decision support system in market trend analysis, or any other trend analysis etc. My final year project was on Audio Amplifier design with appropriate volume control and display. We used up-down counters, EPROM , IC810 for making the Amplifier. I was selected as the winner of the intra college circuit making competition.

To be successful in robotics and Automation field good command over electronics, as well as programming is required. My college education taught me electronics concepts, and to strengthen my programming skills I joined Infosys as Systems Engineer. I have been working for Infosys for almost two years now; it has been a wonderful journey of learning new technologies, taking responsibilities, team work, leadership and innovation. In spite of working under lot of pressure I have always volunteered to learn new technologies, research and create useful components, apply them and then pass that knowledge to others. Within my 1.5 years in Infosys I was asked to mentor two new guys in our team. I was identified for taking bottom line responsibility and having strong research aptitude. I received a Band A on my confirmation which is only given to 3% of Infoscions for very good performance. I have learned JAVA, C/C++, JSP, JSF, JDBC, RDBMS, ORACLE , Web services, Javascript etc as part of my Infosys career which will help me do well in my future ambition.

Besides academics I am very active in sports. Have been athletics champion in my school days; have represented my school in state events in athletics. I have participated in national level chess competitions. I was given the responsibility of captaining my departmental football team. In free time I like to swim, cook, make models out of scraps, paper, wood, I also like reading books, computer gaming. I still represent Infosys in football. Incidentally, from childhood I have been a fan of German national football team and who knows I might be watching them live soon.

I had a knack of sticking with one problem and keep trying to solve it for hours and sometimes days. My aspiration for Autonomous Systems is stemmed by following reasons; first my keen interest in Robotics and Autonomous systems backed by my various experiences both in the field of electronics and programming makes it a field where my interests and expertise merge. Going through a structured program with so many scopes of hands on experiment, industrial exposure will give me an opportunity to understand my field of interest in its totality and create awareness about its future prospects. The Autonomous systems deals in latest technologies, by learning them I can contribute to the myriad areas of society from medical field ,Small big industries, military, agriculture etc. I automated my household water pumping system, garden water sprinkler. I wish to learn and apply automation in household areas, and make use of technology to simplify life. That is why a chance to work in projects like RobocupHome will be a dream comes true for me.

When it comes to learning latest technologies, one needs the exposure, guidance of highest level. University of Bonn-Rhein-Sieg is a renowned university in this field, a true benchmark I would say. Its state of the art facilities, world class faculties, excellent atmosphere, world's best fellow students, industrial affiliations with IAIS, Betrand etc and galore of research opportunities makes it a dream combination for me. University of Bonn-Rhein-Sieg is the home of world class R&D projects like XPERO, DESIRE, ROBOCUP and so many others. That is why a master of Autonomous Systems from University of applied sciences Bonn-Rhein-Sieg will be ideal for my masters.
At the age of eight that was my concept of automation.

....
As an eightbyearbold this was my first understaning of automation .

Besides my other academic subjects computer has been a constant companion to me and exploring new technologies always excites me. I am looking forward to pursue my Masters in Autonomous Systems from University of applied sciences Bonn-Rhein-Sieg.

...wish you improve the organization here....it does not flow smoothly;
Since then computers continued to be a close companion of mine while I always had a keen interest in my academic subjects and exploring new technologies.
jkjeremy - / 380 72  
I understand that this is "urgent," but you haven't posted the writing task. I can't tell whether you've written an effective essay without knowing what questions you're answering!

There are some grammatical issues here, but I'm not going to repair them if you need to write an entirely new draft (which is almost always the case with these).
OP haramoz 1 / 1  
Hi JKJeremy, I am writing this essay as letter of motivation for my masters application in the field of Autonomous Systems. I will be grateful if u help me build a strong SOP as my application depends much on it. thanks

Home / Undergraduate / My childhood hobby was to make toys with scrap materials; SOP-Autonomous Systems