'Chinese bamboo hammers' - extracurricular essay-FINAL

angela0407 3 / 19  
extracurricular essay(1000 charaters)

Out of my bamboo hammers flow streams of vivid scenes. As I play "The Storm," it's like I'm in a real tempest, such a full and fast fortissimo that I can feel the energy pulsing through my body. During "Spring Arrives at the Qing River," I press the strings to produce vibratos and picture myself wandering along the river bank, listening to the gurgling water and admiring the reflection of stars. I've been loyal and constant in my love for yangqin ï the Chinese dulcimer ï for 10 years. More than just wood and strings, it is a source of comfort and an outlet in which I can express myself. I've served as chair yangqin within my school's Chinese orchestra since Grade2. Called "the soul of Chinese folk music", yangqin plays an indispensable role in an orchestra, standing out with its bright timbre but remaining in perfect harmony with the other instruments. It has taught me to stick to my passion and bond with my community while contributing my own unique character to life's ensembles.

Focus:
1. Persistence in interest
2. Bond with community while lead with my own brightness (analogy to the role Yangqin has in the orchestra)

Is it well-written and focused enough? Any comments appreciated! Thx!
psam 1 / 2  
I think that your essay is very well written and captivating. Showing that the yangqin's role is indispensable serves to highlight that you are considered important, and the 'perfect harmony' suggests that you are a team player. The closing sentence sums it up rather nicely.

I like it!

Home / Undergraduate / 'Chinese bamboo hammers' - extracurricular essay-FINAL