Choir is not just about singing (talent, quality)

d2h4 3 / 13  
Tell us about a personal quality, talent, accomplishment, contribution or experience that is important to you. What about this quality or accomplishment makes you proud and how does it relate to the person you are?

Most people think that joining a choir is easy. All they need to do is sing together, sometimes in different voices, but still all the same. If I never joined choir, that would probably be my impression of it. Up to this day, I'm so grateful I decided to join my school's choir.

In a choir, teamwork is very crucial. I remember my first choir championship. At the time, there were a lot of fights between the members and even though I thought we sang quite well, we lost.

Since then, once a week we had a character building program where we learned a lot about team work. At first, I thought this was silly and stupid. All we need to do is sing, not be friends with everyone! But after a while, I realized that this program actually helped not only the choir, but each member as well, to improve. I myself learned how to tolerate others, how to see someone's difference as a positive thing, and how important team work is.

The difference was very obvious. Compared to our first championship, our second one was much better. The team was solid and much better than before. Even when we sing, we inhale and exhale at the exact same time. It's an amazing feeling.

I'm very proud of my choir and my team mates, because we were able to unite our voices and push aside our difference and become the champion of the World Choir Championships in China.

Choir is basically what shaped my character into who I am right now. I learn to work together with others, which helps me a lot now with my position as the president of the student body. I learn to always try something new no matter how silly it is, and with that character I'm able to join the regional dance finals and the national debate championship. Without choir, I would still be that little girl who would do nothing and just study all day, never taking the risks to try something new.

This is still rough and I need comments to help me fix it. Thank you in advance :)
UpTo this day, I'm so grateful I decided to join my school's choir.

I rememberDuring my first choir championship,. At the time, there were a lot of fights between the members and even though I thought we sang quite well, we lost.

Since then, once a week we had a character building program, where we learned a lot about team work.

I myself learned how to tolerate others, how to see someone's difference as a positive thing, and how important team work is.

EvenWhen we sing, we inhale and exhale at the exact same time.

I'm very proud of my choir and my team mates, because we were able to unite our voices and push aside our differences and become the champion of the World Choir Championships in China.

I learned to work together with others, which helps me a lot now with my position as the president of the student body.

I learned to always try something new no matter how silly it seems , and with that character I'm able to join the regional dance finals and the national debate championship.

:)
mhh2531 5 / 7  
Choir is basically what shaped my character into whowhich I am right now. I learned to work together with others, which helps me a lot now with my position as the president of the student body.

I always learned something new no matter how silly it isseems , and with that character I'm able to join the regional dance finals and the national debate championship.
waldo01 6 / 19  
HIi, its a very good, just some pointers

Choir is basically what shaped my character into who I am right now.

I learned to work together with others

try to check the forms u use for example if its present or past tense

Home / Undergraduate / Choir is not just about singing (talent, quality)