Why I chose Public Health and Biology - Johns Hopkins SUpplement

mystictiger 5 / 11  
Johns Hopkins offers 50 majors across the schools of Arts and Sciences and Engineering. On this application, we ask you to identify one or two that you might like to pursue here. Why did you choose the way you did? If you are undecided, why didn't you choose?

(Please correct grammar and sentence structure!)
Public health is a major that allows one to understand the diseases that plague humans everyday on this earth and how public health administrators work to confine these illnesses. The main goal of public health is to promote and protect the general welfare of the human population. The Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health has a great partnership with third-world countries and works to find the underlying causes of dangerous illnesses.

The study of public health appeals to my desire to later pursue a career in Health Services Administration and then later on becoming a physician. In addition to this, I would like to engage in cutting edge research that helps explore new drugs and be able to contribute to the expanding field of health policy. The study of public health appeals to my desire to later pursue a career in Health Services Administration and then later on becoming a physician. This major will not only serve as a solid foundation for my future studies, but will interest me with concepts of the use of epidemiology and community welfare to my career as a physician. .

I want to focus on learning how to run health promotion programs in a community setting while providing the best health care to my patients. By using my prior knowledge from my Health Science magnet and internship at University of Maryland Medical Center, I will be able to continue supplementing my education at Johns Hopkins. By being a part of this institution, I can learn biostatistics and environmental health. I can also receive training on program planning and health promotion activities to engage patients and community members.

Biology is another major that has infatuated me ever since I was a young kid. It all started one day, in second grade when I was given a peony seed from my teacher and told to grow it. I took it home and the plant grew, but wilted very soon after it started to grow. After that, I bought two more plants and successfully grew them. I even created my own experiment by placing them in different temperatures. After this experiment, I engaged in testing my own water samples from around my neighborhood and other grocery stores because I was challenged by my uncle who said NestlĂŠŽ water is the most clean. I asked my father, who worked in a medical laboratory, to bring me agar gel plates so I could test the water for the amount of bacteria. Turns out, tap water was the most clean and I won fifty dollars after completing that fiasco.

Biology is the science of life and includes a wide range of subjects such as: anatomy, ecology, genetics, immunology, and microbiology. Each year, science and technology are becoming more important in today's global society. Many of the most significant economic, environmental, medical, and social problems in today's world have biological aspects to them. Biologists will be key contributors to solving these problems and providing alternatives to making
CarolineMoore 1 / 3 1  
"Public health is a major that allows one to understand the diseases that plague humans everyday on this earth and how public health administrators work to confine these illnesses." You don't need "on this earth" it is already implied that humans come from this earth.

"By using my prior knowledge from my Health Science magnet and internship at University of Maryland Medical Center, I will be able to continue supplementing my education at Johns Hopkins. By being a part of this institution, I can learn biostatistics and environmental health. I can also receive training on program planning and health promotion activities to engage patients and community members. " This sentence is short and choppy. I would suggest to either add to it or combine it with another sentence.

Is there more to this essay. It seems like it just ends all of a sudden. Best of luck!

Home / Undergraduate / Why I chose Public Health and Biology - Johns Hopkins SUpplement