'the circumstances' - Bump in the Road Essay for UCF

RGore 1 / -  
1. If there has been some obstacle or "bump in the road," in your academic or personal life, please explain the circumstances.

During my junior year at Steinbrenner High School, a couple of my friends and I decided to make the decision to go to our school after hours. While we were there, silent alarms activated and we had some trouble to deal with. We did not get arrested, but had to do a lot of work. I had to write several essays to my parents and to the school, apologizing for my actions. As this was going on, we were suspended from Steinbrenner for 5 days and attended ATOSS (Alternate To Out of School Suspension). There, I wrote my essays, and did school work my teachers assigned to me. After ATOSS, I had to do some community service around the school and help out with some events. I am glad this happened though because I was starting to slip in school. My grades were slowly going down, but because of this situation, my work drastically improved. I started to study more, do better in class, and make decent grades. I became a different person with a whole new state of mind. I now look at certain situations and think about the circumstances if anything would happen. I believe this situation has shaped and molded me into the person I am today.
KhanhZ 5 / 131 7  
Hi, Ryan)

what is the word limit for this question? I think your essay is too short for this kind of question and I can't see a connection between this punishment and increase in your academic productivity. Why did this incident affected you? What were your realizations? Expand on that.

During my junior year at Steinbrenner High School, a couple of my friends and I decided to make the decision to go to our school after hours.(what for? ) While we were there, silent alarms activated and we had some trouble to deal withand the school guard hastily came and caught us . We did not get arrestedwere not sent into detention , but had to do a lot of community service instead . I had to write several essays(letters maybe? ) to my parents and to the school, apologizing for my actions.

... I am glad this happened though because I was starting to slip in school.

Home / Undergraduate / 'the circumstances' - Bump in the Road Essay for UCF