City/ People/ Diversity/ Homeliness/ Unity/ Resources; Seattle U - GOOD MATCH?

htn2013 3 / 2  
Hi guys this is my Seattle U supplement. I plan to turn this in tomorrow night so please help me out and give me any helpful feedback!

Prompt: Why do you feel that Seattle University is a good match with your educational goals?
I was weak and prone to illness throughout my childhood. Whether it was a bad flu, severe heartburn or near-death malaria, I constantly visited the hospital. As far as I could remember, whenever I was bed-ridden from my illness, my mother seems to always find a way to nurse me back to health. The image of her feeding me a bowl of soup seems to have always had a special place in my heart and inspired me to be someone just as caring, influential and compassionate.

With the help of Seattle University and specifically the College of Nursing, I will be able to complete two things I have always dreamed of, be the first person in my family to be admitted into a college and most importantly discover and advocate the vision, values and mission of excellent nursing profession. I highly value the college's commitment to social justice, humanitarian emphasis and clinical competencies which will encourage me and go beyond just health care but deeper into honorable human values and ethics.

Along with the university's noble values, its Jesuits tradition of service to others matches my faith and beliefs. I was born and raised a Catholic and I believe my faith as well as the school's emphasis on charity is important in promoting quality health care and allowing me to grow into an honorable nurse. I know I will thrive in the positive, influential environment the College of Nursing has to offer.

As I have lived in Seattle for almost 10 years of my life, I have grown to love this city and its people dearly. Seattle University being in the heart of Seattle's diverse First Hill and Capitol Hill with its vibrant city life brings many opportunities and experiences. Studying on campus at Seattle University will allow me to enjoy the livelihood, homeliness and unity of Seattle while still able to receive an unparalleled educational experience. I believe Seattle University with its College of Nursing and its ideal location provide me the necessary resources to pursuit educational and professional goals.
my mother seems to always find a way to nurse me back to health.

.... I wish if you kept this in past tense. I guess that way it sounds better;
my mother seemed to always find a way to nurse me for a speedy recovery.

The image of her feeding me a bowl of soup seems to have always had a special place in my heart and inspired me to be someone just as caring, influential and compassionate.

.... this is a strong sentence that beautifully reveals how your passion developed :)
The image of her feeding me seems to have always had a special place in my heart and inspired me to be someone just as caring, influential and compassionate as her.

Home / Undergraduate / City/ People/ Diversity/ Homeliness/ Unity/ Resources; Seattle U - GOOD MATCH?