"a city in Saudi Arabia" world you come from and how did it shape your dreams? MIT

Murtadha 1 / 1  
Tell me what you think. I'd appreciate any help given. Grammar/ideas/etc.

Describe the world you come from; for example, your family, clubs, school, community, city, or town. How has that world shaped your dreams and aspirations?(*) (200-250 words)

---------------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------

"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss it you will land among the stars." - Les Brown.
From a middle class family in Dammam, a city in Saudi Arabia in which most people in the same district know each other, I opened my eyes to many obstacles that changed my life. My family consists of 11 members, 5 girls, 4 boys and my parents. Both of my parents were uneducated and my father, in opposite to what most people think that all Saudis are rich, worked as a free-worker. He drove a truck and transported sand and bricks, but nevertheless my brothers, sisters and I never felt as if we were less than other people or felt hungry. In my country, culture revolves around religion and by being part of a sect, a minority, I was discriminated by the majority, who weren't from my sect. So I had to work harder than others to get acknowledged by people around me or to get accepted in institutions. Nevertheless, by living in a supportive community, surrounded by many people from my sect, I got helped to pass many obstacles and to survive life.

Now, being one of the elite, which ARAMCO chose to give the highest level of education to, and then send them to study abroad before employing them, and being the promise of my family, I plan to get a fair high-level education, graduate from university and then return to ARAMCO with the goal of becoming a manager in mind.
moealrob 3 / 13  
dude do you speak arabic I Do! And i'm from Jordan I can help you with your essays.
Arvaen - / 3  
Lucky you found someone to hlep u. =) good luck
moealrob 3 / 13  
Now, being one of the elite, which ARAMCO chose to give the highest level of education to, and then send them to study abroad before employing them, and being the promise of my family, I plan to get a fair high-level education, graduate from a university and then return to ARAMCO with the goal of becoming a manager in mind. try to make it sound better.

Check out my essays please!
Pub91 - / 10  
erm that last part is not clear. What do you mean by "being one of the elite" ?? And what's ARAMCO??? You've done a good job in the first part of the essay but when it comes to this last part I'm confused. You have to make sure the reader understands the details in your essay..

good luck :)
OP Murtadha 1 / 1  

Yes, I do. My mother tongue is Arabic =)
Thanks for your comments. I'll try to fix it and make it better =)

Yeah, so lucky. Thanks and good luck for you, too ^.^

"Being one of the elite" :
In my country, after one finishes high school, he can apply to ARAMCO's college preparatory program which only accepts students with the highest GPAs in high school who have passed ARAMCO's placement test.

"ARAMCO" is an abbreviation that stands for:
Arabian American Oil Company

Home / Undergraduate / "a city in Saudi Arabia" world you come from and how did it shape your dreams? MIT