CMC essay ("Leadership is a constant theme and emphasis")

Zuhayr90 2 / 13  
PLZZZZZZ help...12 hours left. thanks in advance

Leadership is a constant theme and emphasis at CMC. In fact, one of the ways we describe CMC students is "Leaders in the Making." Identify and discuss a person, fictional or nonfictional, who has helped shape culture and thought. You may select someone from any field: literature, the arts, science, politics, history, athletics, business, education, etc.

Allowing one's personal aspirations to fall victim to life's hardships may be a desirable solution, but it is also a costly sacrifice. It takes perseverance, drive and passion to rise above difficulties. Passion and desire are the very internal instincts that have brought me this far in life, and are the core characteristics that I rely on to carry me through my college life.

Over time, my academic success, my experience and enthusiasm at taking part in a variety of activities and my zeal of life has helped shape me into a self-disciplined, motivated and hopefully, a committed individual.

I am positive that my enrollment in the College of Wooster will add to the diversity of its student body and it will also help me enhance my academic and creative interests. My major academic interest is to study Development Economics (since I am from Bangladesh which is a developing country) and a very important inspiration is Prof. Yunus (Nobel Peace Prize Winner 2006) who is also a Bangladeshi. His determination to explore opportunities to tackle the problem of poverty through the invention of micro-credit has inspired me immensely. It has made me realize that eradicating poverty is very much possible. Instead of telling people how to eradicate poverty, a more effective way would be to provide them the opportunity to bring out their entrepreneurial skills so that even the poorest of poor can work to bring about their own development.

The under-privileged and the destitute are not as pitiable charity cases as they have been condemned to be but they are thwarted entrepreneurs who just lack the means to improve their families' lives. This is a profoundly optimistic view of human nature. Prof. Yunus has inspired me to be a visionary and to try to translate those visions into practical actions which will benefit millions of people not only in Bangladesh but in other countries as well. Wooster will provide me the platform to gain higher education by which I can walk in the path, the foundations of which have been laid by Prof Yunus.
OP Zuhayr90 2 / 13  
If I wanted the CMC Admission Office to know what I'm really like, I would send them _______________ along with my application (but I won't!).

Can you please help me with this one too..

thank you very much
A346 4 / 6  
Sorry, could you clarify - what would you like me to help you with?
pmadhini 1 / 3  
one small error

Over time, my academic success, my experience and enthusiasm at taking part in a variety of activities and my zeal of life has (have) helped shape me into a self-disciplined, motivated and hopefully, a committed individual.

nice essay..well phrased and expressed ..good luck!!
OP Zuhayr90 2 / 13  
complete the sentence

thank you very much
zowzow 10 / 175  
? sorry i don't get what your saying there
OP Zuhayr90 2 / 13  
CMC asked a fill in the blank question. I am not sure about the answer. I am sending the entire thing CMC asked for and please help me.

Fill-In-The-Blank Questions
Claremont McKenna College is as student-centered as any college can be. Students are involved in every aspect of college life: the application process is no exception. The Admission Committee wants to know about a lot more than just grades and test scores, so we have enlisted our students to help us gain that insider's perspective on you. The following fill-in-the-blank questions were all inspired by current CMC students. Be creative. Think hard. Answer honestly. And remember, go with your gut - the first thing that comes to mind is always best!

Complete the blank.
thanks
zowzow 10 / 175  
oh the question definitely helps

well this we can't really help can we? Its who your presonality and characteristics that are being asked and obviously needs you to write it because we don't know anything about you.

but it seems like a joke/lighthearted question

good luck
OP Zuhayr90 2 / 13  
thanks alot...i was just looking for some advices
A346 4 / 6  
Oh, now I see... They have these for USC as well, where they get to know your personality. Only you can answer these, put whatever you come up with (as it says 'be creative' maybe put something humorous). Good luck!
OP Zuhayr90 2 / 13  
thanks.
I will upload another essay today, please check that too.
OP Zuhayr90 2 / 13  
Common app ECA answer ("Head of Human Resource's office")

Please elaborate on one of your activities (extracurricular, personal, or work experience) >150 words

As I came out of the Head of Human Resource's office with my certificate, I thought about the last couple of months. Looking around the office, I got lost in my sub-conscious mind. Modern Equity entrusted me with many important works. From opening letters to greeting guests to forwarding important messages to the department heads.

I acquired a lot of new skills and information which will help me to adapt to the fast changing world. I met with many foreigners during my time their which has also given me a broader viewpoint of different cultures. The job required me to show punctuality, seriousness and to be devotion to work. In the end I have completed it in due time and was highly commended by the supervisors of the companies.

Can you please check this one ? I made a lot of mistakes. please correct those too.
Thank you. I appreciate it alot.
Also insert some 'fancy' words if you like
chickpig 9 / 26  
"From opening letters to greeting guests to forwarding important messages to the department heads."

Something about parallelism in the sentence above. You have "opening, greeting and forwarding" then suddenly an abrupt "department heads". I think the sentence should continue with something-ing.

"I met with many foreigners during my time their which has also given me a broader viewpoint of different cultures."

I have corrected the above to: My experience of meeting many foreigners has given me a broader viewpoint of different cultures.

"The job required me to show punctuality, seriousness and to be devotion to work"

"In the end I have had completed it in due time and was highly commended by the supervisors of the companies."
zowzow 10 / 175  
one slight problem. this essay does not sound interesting. you need more showing than telling. try to describe the activity instead of simply telling it. You try this at the start but i think it falls off a bit towards the end. Also you should try and get a stronger intro and a conclusion to capture the adcom's attention

good luck

Home / Undergraduate / CMC essay ("Leadership is a constant theme and emphasis")