CMC essay ("the world's economic theory and philosophy")

cbm2891 2 / -  
Identify and discuss a person, fictional or nonfictional, who has helped shape culture and thought. You may select someone from any field: literature, the arts, science, politics, history, athletics, business, education, etc.

Even though Karl Marx died before his political ideologies were put into practice, they had a profound effect on the world's economic theory and philosophy. Marx thought that capitalism was self-defeating and would only widen the gaps between social classes. In order to close the gaps in the social hierarchy, Marx proposed his own ideas. He insisted that capitalism must be replaced by a system in which work is performed for the common good. This idea is now acknowledged as a system known as communism.

Despite the fact that Marx himself never accomplished the social and economic revolution he pushed for, his philosophy was later adopted by Vladimir Lenin to replace the Russian monarchy. Mao Zedong later brought the political system to China. The system has been adopted by several countries around the world. Nowadays, many people conclude that Marxist capitalism did not work. Communism in Russia soon failed. Chinese communism has incorporated capitalist ideals. Cuban communism has created even more problems for the country's people.

Marx also proposed a new economic system in which wealth would be equally distributed. This system failed as well. Many critics argue that the reason Marx's systems failed is that his ideas conflict with human nature. The main problem is that his ideas would require humans to be unselfish and altruistic, which most of us are not. Marx proposed an impossible solution to what is a spiritual problem. I believe so too. Karl Marx had great ideas, but they were unrealistic and misused as a way to gain power over the people. Spiritual problems must be solved on the spiritual level, rather than by reforming poitical practices and governments.

DOES THIS ANSWER THE PROMPT???ANY PROBLEMS WITH IT???
ohreally 8 / 20  
Yes, it does answer the prompt and fortunately, I didn't find any major issues.

Good Job!
Best of Luck!
Excellent, Chelsea! Your ending sentence, especially! Please check out the EF Contributor page (link at the bottom of the screen. Brilliant!!

Home / Undergraduate / CMC essay ("the world's economic theory and philosophy")