Colgate: 'Sel-Roti' a tradition that is important to you

vr3 1 / 2  
Please do correct the errors.It's due tomorrow!!!...

The aroma of 'Sel-Roti' pervades from the fire place in the room to the deck outside. My mother, aunts and granny are preparing meal for the day that includes Sel roti, mutton, rice, dal and prickle. Father and uncles plan finance for the day. My eighty-four year old grandpa is seated on a mat as he recites Ramayana to the little grand -children who are crowded around him. Being the eldest child of the whole family, I make sure my other little cousin brothers and sisters are playing safe and sound. My other aunt wipes the floor with a fresh mud and spreads a holy mat over the place. She prepares Tika (vermillion powder) and puts'Jamara' (a holy plant) along with flowers.

Yes, it is the tenth day of Vijaya Dashami, a major Hindu festival, the day that I eagerly await every year. The day holds its importance rooting back to Vedic history as the triumph of good over evil and light over the dark .for me it has its own significance.

I have always loved to be with our huge extended family. On this particular day, all of the family members assemble at my grandparents to receive tika and blessings. Uncles return home all the way from Gulf countries and visit with their family and we get to talk, laugh and update ourselves. Receiving tika and blessing is the most significant part of the day .As the elders chant the holy mantras and offer tika and blessings I envisage myself in their blessings. Being among the few ones to receive higher education among the family, these blessing resonate in me a myriad feelings of obligation, responsibility and happiness reminding me that I hold the great responsibility of erasing the backwardness and ignorance of my society.
adamq132 2 / 5  
and the uncles plan finances
grandchildren,
I make sure the younger members are playing safe and sound
Yes! Today is the
the day i long for year round
Vijaya Dashamiis is celebrated to comemorate the Vedic history of
dark, but for me it is a personal celebration of something more.
lucky_mimi8592 4 / 8  
Tks a lot for helping me. I intended to say something, but Adamq132 already said it. :D
I think you have a very good essay. I like the way it points out the variety u can contribute to Colgate. :D
I have a small idea, if u can rewrite the first paragraph, it'll be better. I think it'll go more smoothly if u can link it together, don't just say what each person does.

That's all. Tks!!! Good luck guy :X
OP vr3 1 / 2  
Thank u both of u ..thanks a lot...i'll rewrite it soon!!!!:D

Home / Undergraduate / Colgate: 'Sel-Roti' a tradition that is important to you