Home / Undergraduate   % width NEW!

MA College of pharamacy supplement - to be part of the 6 year Doctor of Pharmacy program

nmp07 2 / 2  
"Please submit a brief 250-word essay discussing your reasons for choosing the specific health care career you wish to pursue and why you are applying to MCPHS."

Feedback?

The career I chose to pursue is being a Pharmacist. As I child, I wanted a profession in the medical field but was not sure which I would enjoy the most. One day I was discussing this to my brother's fiancé; she is a pharmacy technician. We always discussed her job, which I thought was great but I wanted to do more. I wanted to know the science behind medication, how they work and why. Throughout middle school and high school, I enjoyed my science courses. I am currently taking in high school Microbiology and Anatomy/Physiology Honors. I have previously taken Physical Science, Biology Honors and Chemistry Honors. They have always caught my interest and I also have always done well in these courses. During my high school years, there also have been two cases where well known people in my town had passed away because they had been given the wrong medication. I would like to give back to community by helping by helping people get better as well as making sure in any instances, events like the previously mentioned would not occur again.

A pharmacist's job consists of educating patients of their prescriptions as well as over- the-counter medications. They give advice to physicians or nurses on the drug choices explaining how it affects the body and the side effects. Communication skills are very important and also being organized. Pharmacists have to make sure the prescriptions do not harm patients in any way, as well as monitoring their progress. The decisions you make are very important; they can be fatal, no mistakes can be made. I understand to obtain this job rigorous classes have to be taken as well as an internship and State Licensing Exam. I have very strong studying ethics and am determined to succeed in school in my future career. I am an over-achiever and always looking for challenges which I can overcome.

I am very interested in attending Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences for my education. I would be honored to be part of the 6 year Doctor of Pharmacy program. I would like to go to college somewhere near home and around the people I am use to. College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences would be the ideal place.

Home / Undergraduate / MA College of pharamacy supplement - to be part of the 6 year Doctor of Pharmacy program