'My college search' - Who or what influenced you to apply to Syracuse University

art4bg 2 / 4  
Answer to the first question of the Syracuse Supplement. Help? Open to any critique!

My college search began when I started researching the best fashion schools in the United States. Syracuse University was listed on numerous websites as one of the top. To be able to study fashion from a great institution while staying on a beautiful campus is one of the main points that I dreamed of having in a college. I researched more about Syracuse University and their fashion design program. Intrigued by the success of the program, I wanted to learn more. I visited the campus during one of the organized "summer campus days" in August and immediately fell in love with the sense of community within the students. Everyone I met at Syracuse was very welcoming. After talking with a couple of professors in the Fashion Design program and viewing the Design Warehouse, I know that Syracuse University is the right fit for me. As I walked around the building, I noticed the large amount of work space and the advanced technology in use such as the sewing equipment like industrial sewing and overlock machines. I am excited to have the technological exposure before I graduate from Syracuse University.

Throughout my journey in the college search, I have come to a realization that I want to run in college. During my stay at Syracuse University, I met with the assistant coach and learned more about the cross country and track teams. I am excited to be able to run for Syracuse and feel that I would be a great addition to the team. After meeting with the coach and learning more about his philosophy in coaching, I am even more confident that Syracuse University is the right fit for me.
esther3095 2 / 14  
Your essay is great, and the fact that you actually visited the campus gives you a lot of bonus points.
You gave a lot of examples of why it's the right fit, which is good.

To be able to study fashion fromin a great institution while staying on a beautiful campus is one of the main points that I dreamed of having in a college.

After talking with a couple of professors in the Fashion Design program and viewing the Design Warehouse, I know that Syracuse University is the right fit for me.<----why? expand this. What did the professors say that sparked your interest? Talk about their fashion design program a little more. Was there anything specific that drew you in? Or was it just the technology aspect?

Hope that helped! Good luck.

Home / Undergraduate / 'My college search' - Who or what influenced you to apply to Syracuse University