COLLEGE UNDERGRADUATE ESSAY FOR UIC (UNIVERSITY OF ILLINOIS AT CHICAGO)

KENEEL 1 / 1 1  
ESSAY PROMPT - Please provide an essay that explains why you chose your intended program of study. What interests you the most about this major? To which careers or job opportunities do you think acceptance into this program would lead?

PLEASE LET ME KNOW.....HOW IS MY ESSAY

"A"s in class motivated me to study computer science more

ESSAY -
I put my all efforts when I get challenged by someone. Once upon a time in a high school class, I was pushing myself to learn C++ so, I could get a good grade in my computer science class. I struggled my best but could not get the computer science. I started asking questions to my instructor so, I could understand the concepts. She was frustrated after I asked her several questions. She got so angry and asked me rudely, "Why did you take this class if you know nothing about computer science?" It hurt me deeply. I went home and started studying computer science by myself. I taught myself from YouTube videos and textbooks of computer science. After teaching myself for one and half month, I figured out that this was the easiest class I had ever taken. I ended up getting an 'A' in this class, finally, my instructor appreciated my efforts at the end of the semester.

That motivated me a lot and directed my interest to study more about computer science. I took several computer science classes in community college and got an 'A' in all of them. I realized that a computer works the same as the human brain. The difference is a computer uses a different language however the strategy and implement process are the same. Computer science classes at community college helped me a lot to learn about computer programing and software and, that is what motivates me to learn about computer hardware as well. Since a computer science is more about a computer software, my eagerness to learn about computer hardware drives me to trace my career path towards computer engineering rather than computer science.

Acceptance into this program would lead to a lot career and job opportunities. Silicon Vally is one of the largest IT hub in the world, and that is what guarantees plenty of job opportunities. Nowadays, Chicago has started getting plenty of reputed IT companies. So, Chicago is also going to create thousands of jobs opportunities for computer engineers. UIC located in central Chicago as well so, I hope to get some good job offers when I graduate from the UIC. The UIC is one of the most reputed and well known for computer science and engineering. That is why I hope to realize my passion for the computer at UIC.
Keneel, the essay that you wrote does not provide a specific career plan for you once you graduate. While you effectively explained why you chose to enroll in Computer Engineering, it does not explain what sort of career you envision yourself having after you graduate. You need to explain how this major relates to the profession you want to have in life. You can opt to explain several careers related to Computer Engineering if you wish. After all, you are an incoming freshman and your career plans are subject to change as you progress with your studies. The essay just wants you to prove that you are intent on completing this course and that you will not suddenly shift courses midstream as most college students are prone to do. Think in terms of the goals for your study. Why this course? What career do you see yourself working in within 5 years? Consider the career opportunities that this course affords you, rank them from 1-5 with 1 being your career of choice. Then discuss. That should help you better aim your response towards the prompt requirements.
OP KENEEL 1 / 1 1  
thanks that helped me a lot

Home / Undergraduate / COLLEGE UNDERGRADUATE ESSAY FOR UIC (UNIVERSITY OF ILLINOIS AT CHICAGO)