Why Colorado College Essay.. Hiking Mountains

dipbrito 1 / 1  
Hi guys.. I'm an international student applying to Colorado College and this is my essay. If have any sugestion or advice, please tell me. I'm looking for hearing from you.

How did you learn about Colorado College and why do you wish to attend?
Once, when I was eleven, I hiked a mountain near my city. It was a beautiful place, full of rain forest and with a wonderful view of the sea. I enjoyed the adventure and that day I promised I would hike higher and higher mountains, always challenging myself. My next mountain calls "College". I know it will not be an easy path but I am open-hearted to it.

I first learnt about Colorado College when I was seeing a student poll entitled "If you could do it all over again, would you still choose to go to your school?", and the majority of Colorado College students said YES. The confidence and happiness of the students about their choice showed me a good signal. I had already decided my universities list, but when I researched more about CC, read all the information and student reviews I saw it was the school I wanted to go. Thus, I decided to hike the Rocky Mountains in Colorado. From there, we cannot see the sea but the view is equally beautiful: Colorado College.

I had always dreamed about college, but I equally dreamed with tranquility. I always worried about the many things I had to do in high school: thousands of home-works, readings and projects. I lacked the focus and sometimes I had to do the things superficially. When I heard about the Block Plan, that allows students to have one course at a time I saw the tranquility I was looking for. The Block Plan surely will give me more time to focus on one subject and to go out of one class with the feeling of true learning.

Colorado College also represents to me the widening of my horizons. I always believed in the power of extra-classes experiences on learning. Thus, the opportunities of going abroad to study in locus also drew my attention to Colorado College. I imagined myself studying corals at the Great Barrier Reef on Australia or Inca civilization at the historical cities on Peru.

Additionally, as I have always been evolved in community projects I stayed excited when I discovered that I could continue it at Colorado College. The diversity of community services available surprised me and I am happy about the possibility of using my knowledge on the experiences I had to expand and improve this services.

Colorado College seems to be the right Mountain for my next climbing. I can see myself in a few years answering the "would you do all over again?" poll with a confident YES and a smile on my face.
Jennyflower81 - / 690 96  
Once,W hen I was eleven, I hiked up a mountain near my city. It was a beautiful place, full ofcovered with rain forests and withit had a wonderful view of the sea.

I enjoyed the adventure,and that day I promised I wouldwhich inspired me to hike higher and higher mountains, always challenging myself. MyThe next mountain that I intend to climbis called "College".

I first learned about Colorado College when I was seeingsaw a student poll...

I had already decided on whichmy universities list,that I liked best.But, when I researched more about CC and read all the information andthe student reviews, I sawknew it was the school that I wanted to goattend.
OP dipbrito 1 / 1  
Thank you Jennyflower81! It's always good to have someone fluent in english proofreading our essays.

Home / Undergraduate / Why Colorado College Essay.. Hiking Mountains