(SF comic / Proactive / Jazz / class) - Yale short responses

dualsuriel 1 / 2  
Here are the five responses.
1) What would you do with a free afternoon tomorrow?
- I would lie down on the ground of my study flooded with sunlight and come back to the world of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Arthur Dent's time machine always inspires me to creat e more science fiction comic.

2) Recall a compliment you recieved that you especially value. What is it? From who did it come?
- "You are so proactive and determined that you will pursue your dream wherever you go." My landlord told me that when I left her house after summer break for the new semester.

3) If you could witness one moment in history, what would it be and why?
- I would witness the moment that the first time Buddy Bolden, the renowned jazz musician in New Orleans, grafted traditional band music onto rough blues. As a jazz fever, it's a pity to be unable to see the great achievement of jazz history.

4) What do you wish you were better at being or doing?
- I wish I were a better runner; I started running cross country last year and I wanted to earn more honor for my school.
5) If you were choosing students to form a Yale class, what quesion would you ask here that we have not?
- What is your least favorite food, music, or something else? Why?
Please let me know if you have any suggestions
And I'll help with your problem if you need any!!
PrspectivStudnt 2 / 4  
I really like your response to numbers 2 and 3. For number 5 though you should probably think more about what it takes to be a Yale student and go from there; think as if you were the person reading your college app and what their response to number 5 would be. Maybe a question about diversity, accomplishments, or past experiences. But other than that your responses are looking pretty good. Good luck! Oh and could you please look at my short personal statement?
sg120 5 / 10 2  
I really like your answer to number 3 and I think you should change number 5 maybe. And could you please look at my essay for Rice?
makman09 9 / 86  
You should think about question 5. It's too cliche.

Same thing with number 2. Also cliche. Think of a compliment that is really worth you that not many will say like, "You may not have the brain of Albert Einstein,but you have the heart of a true intellectual." That was mine and it was really meaningful me.

Other than that, everything else shows you as an interesting applicant.

Can you give my Princeton Summer Essay a read?

Home / Undergraduate / (SF comic / Proactive / Jazz / class) - Yale short responses