'Coming from a modern city in India' - UC ESSAY ( MY WORLD )

pratyush427 1 / 3  
Society - the people around a person who affect him mentally or physically through direct contact. This maybe the definition that many a person believe in. However my definition of society is a bit varied. In my opinion, society also consists of people who may not have direct contact with me. However, the person must affect me in a mental manner. That is, if the person inspires me or maybe even discourages me without any direct contact, the person still comes into my definition of society. So in my opinion, Bill Gates or probably even Albert Einstein is a part of my society. This society has influenced me quite a bit. It has helped me mature into a real person. A person with actual thoughts, opinions, humanity and feelings. Although saying that the society has influenced me only in a positive manner would be lying. Many a time, the society has had bad influences on me.

I basically come from a modern city in India. Hyderabad, the city that has shaped my dreams and aspirations. Although born in the ultra-modern Mumbai, i shifted to hyderabad at the age of 10. And I think, this is something that has changed my life drastically. Drastically, yes but not in a negative manner. Hyderabad has given me love, criticism and shelter. Love from both family and friends. My friends have always stood up for me. There is a proverb "A Friend in Need, is a Friend Indeed". I think this proverb holds great truth and the secret to living without fear. I think that this friendship has given me the strength to face the world. Is has taught me that no matter what, there are people always backing you.

A traditional Indian family has been shown to support only education as a career. However, one must remove this taboo thought from their minds. I belong to a traditional Indian family. And even so, I have always been supported by my parents. They always have given me the best, may it be in love or may it be in support for chosen career. They have helped me become the badminton player that I am today. They always told me one thing "We do not mind if you become a gardener, but be such a good gardener that no one is better than you". They even allowed me to learn guitar to my hearts content. They even hired a teacher just for me.

Now, coming to my school and college, both fortunately the best in my city, have shaped my interests. Without my teachers, I would not be the same. Although I will not say that they have changed my opinion about certain realities but they have definitely done what i would like to say "a potters job". My teachers have given shape and definition to my dreams just like a potter would shape pots. They have I would like to say turned me into a well shaped pot from just wet clay. At this point I would like to give a shout out to my electronics teacher. She has helped me in realizing the joy that one get when he builds a machine. She has taught me that no object is useless. She has incorporated the thought into me that one only needs an idea to turn something unproductive into something that not only works but also helps us in our daily life. Also my computer teacher, who has helped me learn c-programming and html programming, has played a major role in my life. She has taught me that there is always a solution to any problem, may it be in programming language or may it be in real life. She ha taught me how to "compile" and through this she has taught me the science of transforming "source code" (the raw entries in life ) into "executable program" ( things that are useful and productive ). She has also taught me the art of "debugging" ( removing unwanted or harmful feeling that may hurt the output ). These two teachers have shaped my aspirations. They have helped me realize what I actually want to be. They have incorporated in me the love for electrical engineering and computer science.

------------

i am working on it and hope to improve it.... and add to it... if anyone comes up with any more ideas, please do tell me....
pokiworms 3 / 6  
Society - the people around a person who affect him mentally or physically through direct contact. This maybe the definition that many a person believe in. However my definition of society is a bit varied.

It's a bit generic. I'm not sure if the UC system will take note of that though. However, the sentences are a bit awkwardly worded.

Try not to add too many filler words and just go for that straight concise match.

This may be the definition that many people accept.

Again, I'm on the same page as you with that deadline. x]
OP pratyush427 1 / 3  
thanks a lot any more tips or corrections that you can give??
safiyyah1 1 / 6  
I think you should move up the second paragraph to be the intro because they want to know about you. the intro is really important.

help with mine too :(

Home / Undergraduate / 'Coming from a modern city in India' - UC ESSAY ( MY WORLD )