Common App Short Essay- My experience in FIRST Robotics!

zain12qa 4 / 11  
In the space provided below, please elaborate on one of your activities (extracurricular, personal activities, or work experience) (150 words or fewer).

With hundreds of people watching, I remembered how I reached this competition. At my first robotics meeting I was overwhelmed by the task of building a robot which had to collect and shoot balls while being controlled wirelessly. I listened to the experienced members and examined the older robots; this made me even more intimidated. Each person had a specialty, whether it was with strategy, manufacturing, design, or programming. Trying to find out my place on the team I gave each field a try and learned the whole process. I designed shooting mechanisms, tested them, and reported the advantages and disadvantages for each one. With a little mentoring, I quickly got accustomed to using drill presses and saws, and making robot parts on my own. With my first competition underway, I was proud with my contribution in designing the shooter of our robot.
Ekooo 1 / 3  
With a little mentoring, I quickly got accustomed to using drill presses, using saws, and making robot parts on my own.

I quickly got accustomed to using drill presses and saws and making robot parts on my own.

Just a thought, the two and's might seem awkward but it might help with what you're trying to convey.

Mind helping me out?
OP zain12qa 4 / 11  
yes, i think that makes the statement more concise.

Home / Undergraduate / Common App Short Essay- My experience in FIRST Robotics!