Common app article on extra curriculars: Connections Across The World

Jayashree95 4 / 19  
Common app prompt on a 1000 character article on an extra curricular activity / work experience.

Connect a common concept across multiple religions, Nehru's alma mater and the world's first nuclear explosion: Trinity!

My passion for quizzing has transported me across the world and has acquainted me with myriad cultures. From fjords in Norway and Moai statues of Easter Island to the Wailing Wall of Jerusalem, quizzing has been my window to the world outside. For over a decade now, I've been hooked onto this intellectually stimulating experience that defines who I am.

The knowledge one can assimilate is infinite and the Indian philisophy of 'Success and failure are part of the eternal cycle, it is the knowledge attained that matters' has inspired me to strive for excellence.

Over the years quizzing has helped me transcend personal boundaries and emerge as a confident individual with an unquenchable thirst for knowledge.
Inherytance 1 / 2  
Without the instructions, the essay is great and concise! However, when I'm having a hard time finding connections to the third piece (the nuclear explosion). I see specific references to the other two topics, but if I'm thinking of the same nuclear explosion as you mention... maybe you could sacrifice some characters to specifically mention it?
OP Jayashree95 4 / 19  
Hi thanks, i didn't quite get what you meant, I'm sorry!
The explosion was called the explosion 'trinity', if that was what you were asking.. :-)
pentagramma 1 / 2  
amazing actually said quite a lot :D
but try and avoid using quizzing as much as you have and
i think you should be great (Y)

Home / Undergraduate / Common app article on extra curriculars: Connections Across The World