Common App Extra Curriculum(150 words, Senior Math Team)

xinix 3 / 3  
I am not a native English speaker and i am very bad at writing. There are 165 words. Can you please help me to check the grammar, tense, and give me some advice to cut the words down. thx

the prompt
Elaborate on one of your activities(150 words or fewer)

When I had a chance, I joined Senior Math Team during 11th grade and 12th grade. I participated in it in order to improve my SAT scores and to challenge myself. As time passed, I started to love my experience in Math Team. A day after the mathematic contest was held, students wrote solutions of the problems on the board along with explanations. I often volunteer to explain my method of problem-solving. After all, it feels great to hear other students applaud me for my work. I had fun sharing ideas because I learned new concepts. I was glad that the students understood my ideas. Through my experiences in Senior Math Team, I found new ways to look at the same old thing. When I faced a problem, I tried to look at it at from a different angle. The solution came out pretty quick and good. I like to share my thoughts and the people really hear and understand them. Being able to challenge, share and recognize were skills I found in this team.
neonalchemy 1 / 7  
I joined the Senior Math Team

maybe instead of i participated in it you could say:
I joined to improve my SAT score and to challenge myself.

Slowly, I loved my experience on the math team.

A day after the mathmatic contest was taken, students put and explain solutions of problems on the board.

After all, it feels great to hear other students applauding my work.

I had fun sharing ideas because I learned new things.

I am glad that the students are able to understand my ideas.

Through my experiences in the Senior Math Team, I found new ways to look at the same old things.

When I face a problem, I try to look at it from a different angle. The solution comes out quickly and accurately.

I like to share my thoughts and the people really listen and understand them.

Challenging, sharing, and recognition were things I looked for and found in this club/team.
OP xinix 3 / 3  
i got it. it really help. thanks both college seeker and neonalchemy for your helps.
college_seeker 5 / 6  
No problem! Best of luck to you in your future endeavors.
charliesun 9 / 28  
I like to share my thoughts and the people can really hear and understand them

Home / Undergraduate / Common App Extra Curriculum(150 words, Senior Math Team)