COMMON APP EXTRACURRICULAR ESSAY; MY LOVE FOR BIOLOGY

jadore_lamode68 6 / 37  
I like much of our generation has fallen to procrastination.
Does this do its job? Is it boring? Be harsh!
Any edits criticisms, grammar are much appreciated.

Please briefly elaborate on one of your extracurricular activities or work experiences in the space below (1000 character maximum).
From a young age, biology always captured me. As a child, I rejected the typical Barbies and sparkly paraphernalia for any tool which might help me uncover a cure or unveil a scientific phenomenon. I had yet to meet someone become as excited over science processes.

So, when I was accepted to spend my summers at Temple University to gain lab experience as part of the Physician Scientist Training Program, I was thrilled. Minds like my own meeting to learn skills, years before we would need them, was vindicating and unsettling at the same time. This began my search, this insatiable thirst to find things that would satisfy my medical itch. Eventually it lead me to rationalize the sacrifice of every Saturday from 4th grade, up to my final year of high school, in the name of mathematics and science enrichment. The UIC Early Outreach Program has held me from sleepovers, early morning practices and much deserved sleep-but I would not exchange it for anything.

Thank you so much
From a young age, biology has always intrigued me.

I had yet to meet someone who would become as excited over science processes.---Should it say, 'scientific' processes?

Minds like my own, meeting to learn skills, years before we would need them, was vindicating and unsettling at the same time.

This began my search, this insatiable thirst to find things that would satisfy my medical itch .---This sounds as if you have a serious rash!

:)
ZhoeK 5 / 173  
Uchenna

Mhmmm, you need to talk more about how the program affected you as an individual. The AOs are looking to see what you will bring to their community, and you haven't really mentioned anything. Other than that its pretty well written, so maybe cut down on extra descriptions and show HOW the program has affected YOU.

From a young age, biology always captured me. As a child, I rejected the typical Barbies and sparkly paraphernalia for any tool which might help me uncover a cure or unveil a scientific phenomenon.I had yet to meet someone become as excited over science processes.(wholly unnecessary and sounds a tad arrogant)

Hope this helps!
OP jadore_lamode68 6 / 37  
Wow. Thank you both sooo much! I can't believe I didn't know about this site before!
ZhoeK 5 / 173  
LOL, that's how I felt when I found it, no problem.

Home / Undergraduate / COMMON APP EXTRACURRICULAR ESSAY; MY LOVE FOR BIOLOGY