My Common App main Essay - Unsolved mystery of my life

coffee2262 2 / 4  
PLEASE HELP ME I'M DESPERATE FOR HAVING HELP THANK YOU

Evaluate a significant experience, achievement, risk you have taken, or ethical dilemma you have faced and its impact on you.

Running down the empty streets as fast as I could, I took a quick glance behind me and saw the birds chasing after me. Desperate to escape from the birds, I dashed into a random house on the street. As I carefully entered the house, I noticed my friends and a bear in a fancy suit having coffee together. Relieved to see them, I tried to join their serious conversation about my math test, but my friend stopped me. Confused, I tried to ask her why but she slowly opened her mouth and began to make a tower bell sound.

It was only after I turned off my alarm clock and saw the sun shining through the heavy rain that I realized it was all a dream of a well-dressed bear and my math test that I had not even taken. However, this mysterious dream of being chased down by a clown wasn't my first. Why was I repeatedly having the same dream? And what was the meaning of the dream? As I lay back on my bed and thought about these questions, I could not help but feel disappointed at the fact that despite today's advanced scientific research, no definite explanation on dreams have been constructed.

For decades, many of renowned scientists and psychologists have tried to explain the phenomenon of dreams, but no adequate data has been found that fully support their assertions. As deemed in many of books and essays, psychologist Sigmund Freud suspected that dreams reveal our submerged desires through symbols in our dreams. Recently, scientific researchers focused on brain chemical approaches

and claim that dreams occur when the brain brings out random neuron flings and organizes the information taken during my life. Those studies greatly contributed to getting closer to understanding what dreams are. Although none of them were able to offer a clear sense of explanations, people still strive for the truth behind dreams, each for different reasons.

I prefer more distinct explanation on the reasons for certain recurring dreams and if any, the hidden meanings inside them. (I don't understand what you mean by saying more distinct explanation)

Do the random characters, settings, or illogical plots do in fact have profound meanings? If the chase scene represents my anxiety and nervousness coming from the overwhelming workload coming from college applications, SAT scores, and college classes, then why was it portrayed through a group of birds? Could dreams potentially alert us to the personal problems that we tend to overlook? Perhaps deciphering dreams could help us become more aware of our own identities, if they truly mirror our deepest anxieties and aspirations.
almacubana 5 / 19  
I took a quick glance behind me and saw the birds chasing after me.

"down by a clown wasn't my first" . no contractions

"However, this mysterious dream of being chased down by a clown wasn't my first." weren't they birds at first? make it clearer that it was on another occasion that a clown chased you.

other than that, great essay.

could you review mine?
kayyao 6 / 20  
Great one!!
I really like how you talked about being chased by birds in your dream. It made me laugh.
I think you should write more about what you did to analyse your dream. Is there any research you did on the subject? From this, they will know how prepared you are for college.

Good Luck>
Wanderer_x 5 / 88  

I don't know in which way your essay answers the above prompt. I could not derive much about you through your essay since there is no such personal touch to it.
linus777 - / 1  
Great essay!!
May I ask which colleges are you applying to?

Home / Undergraduate / My Common App main Essay - Unsolved mystery of my life