Common App Essay [What topic should this be if I want to choose my own topic?]

korienfan 1 / 2  
300 word limit.
Choose my own prompt (can someone suggest what prompt I should use?)
Also, do we need a title for our essays?

People's first impression of me is generally that I'm Asian; I must be smart, very quiet, and other Asian stereotypes. However, despite not noticing my internal personalities, people disregard the activities I do on my spare time. School is not the only factor that builds the foundation of my personal well-being; the gym offers me an environment that benefits my health and mental capabilities. I do Olympic-style weightlifting, a sport in which participants attempt various exercises with heavy weights. As I work out at the gym, I can't help but notice people staring at me, an Asian, around 130lbs, lifting weights that weigh more 3 times his bodyweight. Nonetheless, I was not disturbed by their anomalous faces. Rather, I was more eager to defy the invisible categorical boundary that limits me from being an individual. The most uncommon people are ones that leave an unforgettable impression on others. I am different and I am not intimidated to do something out of the norm. I want to expose my unusual activities in order to assist others in sprouting their civic values of courage and determination. Courage is the ability to withstand all the barriers one may confront throughout his or her journey as an individual, but are still able to suppress that fear and be determined to reach the end, even if it leads to their demise. I want to be recognized after I graduate, after my retirement, and after my death. The bottom line is that being different is not unacceptable; rather, it makes your life meaningful and a life changing experience for others.
4903abcd 1 / 9  
"I am different"
OP korienfan 1 / 2  
It's too common... D:
OP korienfan 1 / 2  
Well...can someone help me ? D:

Home / Undergraduate / Common App Essay [What topic should this be if I want to choose my own topic?]