Commonapp activity writing - 'wrestling is by far the most meaningful to me'

Enabledowner 4 / 14  
Out of all my extracurricular activities, Wrestling is by far the most meaningful to me.
In wrestling, the match isn't over until the ref pulls you apart. Even if you're on your back, staring up at the lights, you can still win. You just have to pull yourself out of the hole, say I'm not going to give up, I'm not going to quit, and you don't. This attribute of wrestling, that people can, and often do, win, just as long as they keep chugging, has resonated with me deeply.

Wrestling requires you to devote your entire life on and off the mat. Your diet, your activities, your entire lifestyle is shaped by the sport. You devote so much, you dedicate so much into the sport, it's all on the line when you step onto the mat, whether or not all that effort, all that pain you went through will pay off. If you win, it is incredible, if you lose, it is devastating. You have to be capable of moving past that deep low of loss, and using it to better yourself in the future.

What do you think?
tutu51595 6 / 19 3  
I thought it was very well done but there were two things i would advise you to check
1. the phrase "has resonated with me deeply" sounds a bit awkward. perhaps you should just take out 'deeply'
2. 'ref'- i know your tight on space with the short response on the common app but if you still have some characters left just spell out referee

other than that i thought it was perfectly short and sweet. Great job.
mdubois 1 / 1  
Your diet, your activities, your entire lifestyle is shaped by the sport.

Your diet, activities and entire lifestyle is shaped by the sport.
makes it flow better i think

Home / Undergraduate / Commonapp activity writing - 'wrestling is by far the most meaningful to me'